Are my Settings on my phone (DJI go4) or my transmitter?

Reaction score
My normal routine is to start my Phantom 4 Pro while connected to an iPhone with DJI go4. From here I set my home position, avoidance settings and precision take off as well as a few other settings like range restrictions off.

Then I launch my drone using the iPhone DJI go4 and let the drone rise and wait for about a minute.

Next I disconnect the iPhone USB and connect my googles (which are already turned on) in the USB port.

Here is my question: Have I lost the setting I entered in the phone or do the settings reside in the transmitter and are being used while flying with the googles? Or is it best to just start with the googles and live with the limiting setting choices. Of course, my biggest question is, "is my home position still set?"

Thank you for your responses

Here is my question: Have I lost the setting I entered in the phone or do the settings reside in the transmitter and are being used while flying with the googles? Or is it best to just start with the googles and live with the limiting setting choices. Of course, my biggest question is, "is my home position still set?"
Many settings are stored in the drone itself.
For RTH to work on loss of signal, the drone has to know where home is.
It wouldn't be much help if it was in the controller or the tablet.

btw ... there is no need to set your home point.
The Phantom does that automatically for you as soon as it gets GPS reception.

Reactions: tevek
Have I lost the setting I entered in the phone or do the settings reside in the transmitter and are being used while flying with the googles?
Those settings you mentioned above reside in the Phantom, so you will not lose them when switching to the DJI Goggles.

my biggest question is, "is my home position still set?"
The home point is set internally by the Phantom. You should check the map in DJI GO to ensure the home point has been set before taking off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers