I am convinced the FAA is just trying to stifle drones

Reaction score
Maybe many of you don't care, but there would be a real potential to make money with drones. There could be literally millions of dollars in stock photography that could be made by selling stock photography.

Millions of dollars in income from photography by private individuals that just want nice pictures of their property.

For those of you that think that the home owner could just buy a drone and take the pics themselves, you must think that anyone can buy the right priced camera and take a good picture...

That the reason photographers take good pictures is because they buy expensive cameras....

The FAA said they were coming out with new rules in March that were going to ease restrictions on commercial use of drones. They lied.

The whole thing where you need a pilots license to file for a 333 exemption is simply garbage!

People using drones for commercial purposes holds LESS threat than joe shmoe who opens up his drone for Christmas, doesn't know how to operate it, and flies into his neighbors house.

Photographers know how to use, and protect their equipment. They know how to protect themselves from liability. If photographers don't go out of their way to keep their clients physically, and property safe for ethical reasons, they do so because is would effect their business.

The FAA rules are simply nonsense! Before registration I was seriously considering getting rid of my drone, and just giving up, and not registering.

I chose to keep flying and register because of the promise of easing restrictions for commercial use.

All they have to do at this point, is make a rule stating you can not fly over people. They could also make a rule stating you can not fly over other peoples buildings and property without a waver. This would eliminate any risk.

This stuff is heavy handed government bureaucracy at its best!

So what those idiots come out with is just a web application to file for a 333 exemption with the same over burdensome rules as before...

FAA Announces Web-based Commercial Drone Registration - DRONELIFE

Reactions: Colorado68
So what those idiots come out with is just a web application to file for a 333 exemption with the same over burdensome rules as before...
I think you're mistaken. They now allow commercial UAS to be registered online. Prior to this new addition, everyone had to register via a paper process. If you think it's idiotic, you probably never registered via paper.

We had a report in the newspapers yesterday say Isis would use drones to drop dirty bombs. Typically they used a pic of a phantom 3.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The FAA is charged with keeping the National Airspace safe. It is not charged with promulgating anyone's hobby or avocation. Yes, they're going slow (they are famous for that). No, it's not some Evil Conspiracy to keep you from making pocket money.

Unleashing the commercial drones is something that needs to be done carefully and intelligently. And it is much, much more than stock photography or weddings.

Quail not.

Reactions: jonebk12 and N017RW
For PEEFA,
A drone to drop dirty bombs? Yeah, that is a laugh! Radioactive materials are extremely heavy.

Don't believe me?

Why do you think they use depleted uranium in military munitions. Well, it is because it is extremely heavy and dense and can be propelled really far. Once accelerated it carries an extreme amount of momentum

As the projectile enters the tank, it spalls. Meaning the outer edges shave off, and the projectile becomes sharper as it penetrates the armor of the other tank.

There are other forms, but where are they going to get that much material to cause a problem? That material is also very heavy...

They are also now using depleted uranium for Armor on our tanks, because is is so heavy and dense.

Now as for msinger, "Mr Phantom Help", the stupid part is that you still need a 333 exemption, and I fully expected your take before I read your post. I saw who it was, and I knew right away that you were going to be pro FAA.

No, I never applied, because I do not have a pilots license...

Now, I see you have skin in the game.

"Approved Vendor" so you either are trying to play this like it is not a big deal to sell more drones, or you actually have some relationship with the FAA.

Or both. You may want to switch your stance occasionally to throw people off...

Now as for msinger, "Mr Phantom Help", the stupid part is that you still need a 333 exemption, and I fully expected your take before I read your post. I saw who it was, and I knew right away that you were going to be pro FAA.

Now, I see you have skin in the game.

"Approved Vendor" so you either are trying to play this like it is not a big deal to sell more drones, or you actually have some relationship with the FAA.

Or both. You may want to switch your stance occasionally to throw people off...
I don't think you'll find one person that will disagree that the new aircraft registration process is idiotic. How exactly does being pro technology mean I'm pro FAA too? And, what exactly does that have to do with being a vendor here?

I think you've officially lost your mind...

Reactions: treerichard
I don't think you'll find one person that will disagree that the new aircraft registration process is idiotic. How exactly does being pro technology mean I'm pro FAA too? And, what exactly does that have to do with being a vendor here?

I think you've officially lost your mind...

Cool! It's finally official! :)

The government is always looking for ways to control things. This is not a conspiracy. It is fact. Sometimes it's a good thing - like with discharge of dangerous waste. Controlling commercial drones is actually not a bad idea. People can get hurt. But requiring a pilots license clearly stems from the fact that there is no other certified training available that is recognized to provided adequate training. But really, all they have to do is provide some sort of certification for ground school and accept that. Unfortunately changing government regs is a long process. And first someone has to start the process.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

"I am convinced the FAA is just trying to stifle drones"

That's your theory. But what would motivate them to "stifle" drones?

There were thousands of comments to their proposed rulemaking. I didn't bother to read the comments but I'm sure they had an affect on the rulemaking process.

Sagebrush

The FAA made it difficult to conduct commercial operations. Why? So people who don't understand aviation principles will have to learn them before they start flying drones to make money. For some people, it's clearly too complicated. For those who worked hard to get through the process, there is plenty of opportunity.

spray%20drone_zpseq1qvuze.jpg

Clear it up some?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20