Humble on the blink

Reaction score
Very interesting... yesterday the gimble of my P4 went on the blink... it just hung facing down and sideways... wouldn't respond to controls. It corrected after I switched both the RC and the P4 off and back on. Today the same thing happens with someone's P4P. It corrected after switching both units off and back on again. This seems to be a software thing.

Today I flew my phantom 4 advanced. Landed, changed the battery, started the drone and got limp gimbal (the drone is brand new). Restarted it and it came to normal.

This limp gimbal has happened to a few of us, for me 3 times in 16 months and never in the same circumstances. This has not happened to me in the last 4 months and I have not a clue why. I also believe it's firmware driven, seems as if the craft is getting a false positive and shuts down the gimbal probably thinking it's overloaded and goes into a protection mode(no notices). The first time this happened I was looking at my tablet and for a second I thought I was going down until the telemetry told me otherwise, scary few seconds, the second and third time was more of a WTF not again and now it seem fine(for now).

Reactions: Andre Malgas
It happened to some else yesterday as well. I advised him to switch everything off then on again, and all was good. I think this is a firmware problem. By the way, very common with Phantom it seems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl