How warm do your P2V+ v3.0 motors get?

Reaction score
I have another thread going in which I address my concern about the motors being hot, and the Phantom drifting. Both could be due to wind.

However, I don't know what a normal operating temperature is. I don't remember feeling the motors of my v2.0 after flight, so I don't even have that to compare.

How hot (or not) are your motors after a flight in a calm wind? Anything you can compare to, such as a cup of coffee or something else that's universally known?

I fly the same bird. Three batteries in a row and my motors get warm, not hot. Probably as warm as a nice pulled-pork sandwich on a pretzel bread roll.

Thanks for the reply, MikeTess. I just took mine out again for the second time today. Just a little breeze, probably 5-8 mph. I only flew for a few minutes and all four motors were too hot to touch. Like a cup of coffee you can touch for a split second but can't hold your hand to it.

I just replaced all four ESC's, and then replaced the shielded power cables to them. Yesterday was the first time I'd flown it since I bought it. It flew fine when I bought it. I didn't feel the motors, though.

One front motor sounds a little bit different. The Phantom had been crashed, and the other front motor has a nick in it. I've ordered two motors for the front, just in case.

It's still not hovering, even in a calm wind.

got one that was hotter than others, when replacing ESC felt a little drag on the one that got the hit when a had a small crash, have u crashed before? u just replaced esc an wires!

Mkley replace the motor I thinks the shaft get bend and drags in one side,do you fell like it has like a step like a cliker movement when you turn it by Hand?

The two front motors feel different than the two rear motors. It's a slight difference, but there feels like a little more drag on one or both of the rear motors compared to the front.

I didn't realize when I'd bought it that this Phantom had more of a crash than I thought.

I need a tachometer to see if there's a difference in speed.

I downloaded a strobe tachometer app. All of the props are turning at about the same speed (3300 rpm) at idle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.