How to Use Dashware

Maybe my 3rd flight and first ever Youtube Video...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I viewed this DashWare tutorial link before I downloaded and tried it myself.

I have done a great job at syncing my flight log and video files together as a project file, but I can't seem to finish with creating the video file. Each time I get prompted from Windows 8.1 that DashWare has to close.

That issue is beyond our control. The person that created dashware is now employed at GoPro and if you look on gopro's website there is an area for dashware. You might see if something comes up over there about Windows 8.1.

Nice 1st video g00se.

Reactions: g00se
How do I find the flight data log on my iPhone 6+? I have no problem finding it on my nvidiaz shield tablet but honestly I use my iPhone more... And I still haven't found how to or where to find it....

Well I'll try a different approach to resolving my Dashware "save as video" situation. After several nights sleep, I figure maybe my cpu does not have the proper encoder to change "most likely" a mp4 video file format into whatever format "guessing" avi file format. I'll take a stab at converting the original dji's saved file format into something Dashware will recognize and my cpu will handle. Maybe the upcoming Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade will over come my issues if my solo attempt at this fails.

Last edited:
I found trying to change the video size in Dashware crashes it (Win 7). That is to say, I have a 1920x1080 and want to save the new video with telemetry data as 1280x720 = CRASH app.

I found trying to change the video size in Dashware crashes it (Win 7). That is to say, I have a 1920x1080 and want to save the new video with telemetry data as 1280x720 = CRASH app.
I'll check into that as well. Thanks gOOse. I have so much time on my hands. Bird is in Calif repair center till whenever. :(

Resolved!

I used a video converter I have called "Xilisoft Ultimate" and converted the P3P's saved video file "MPEG-4, Format Profile: JVT, Codec ID: avc1" into another MPEG-4, Format Profile: Base Media, Codec ID: isom" The finished product was 1920x1080. Anyhow I have it figured I am missing a codec needed to do this process the simple way.

Bigdz
As far as I know the flight logs can only be retrieved using iTunes. Select your phone, then apps and you should see the pilot app at the bottom. Once selected you should see the relevant folders. Haven't used phone for a while been using galaxy tab. Hope this is still correct and helps.

Ugg, been trying to get the "comprehensive" file to load in Dashware with no love. What's the secret handshake that no one is posting but is being sent by PM?

OK, I finally figured it out!

I could not get the comprehensive.csv to work in DashWare. I saw a video where Frank (Fdnyfish) created a new profile called something like Flytrex Max but the files in his DropBox were no longer there.

I tried the Flytrex.csv that DJIlogs created but my altitude showed I was -11 feet at my takeoff point and I'm at sea level. The max altitude was also off by around 20 feet.

After a many hours of comparing and converting my log files I finally got the altitude to show correctly by using the Flylitchi converter.

I'm still interested in the Flytrex Max (?) profile for DashWare and wonder what if offers by using the comprehensive.csv.

Anyway, here is my first video using DashWare. I was really bummed when I saw the tilted horizon but I think it was because of me taking off in a tilted position as none of my other videos have this.

A big thanks to Frank and the others here that helped me figure this out by posting little tidbits here and there! Oh, and sorry DashWare, my end credits didn't show on my final video.

Dear flyNfrank,
Would you mind to pm me the "UAVforecast Comprehensive.xml" , "CustomDataTypes.xml" , and the "Settings.xml" file for me please?That is because I download from your post at this thread's page 2 didn't work...thank you!

OK, I finally figured it out!

I could not get the comprehensive.csv to work in DashWare. I saw a video where Frank (Fdnyfish) created a new profile called something like Flytrex Max but the files in his DropBox were no longer there.

I tried the Flytrex.csv that DJIlogs created but my altitude showed I was -11 feet at my takeoff point and I'm at sea level. The max altitude was also off by around 20 feet.

After a many hours of comparing and converting my log files I finally got the altitude to show correctly by using the Flylitchi converter.

I'm still interested in the Flytrex Max (?) profile for DashWare and wonder what if offers by using the comprehensive.csv.

Anyway, here is my first video using DashWare. I was really bummed when I saw the tilted horizon but I think it was because of me taking off in a tilted position as none of my other videos have this.

A big thanks to Frank and the others here that helped me figure this out by posting little tidbits here and there! Oh, and sorry DashWare, my end credits didn't show on my final video.
I like the sound track:D:D:D

Dear flyNfrank,
Would you mind to pm me the "UAVforecast Comprehensive.xml" , "CustomDataTypes.xml" , and the "Settings.xml" file for me please?That is because I download from your post at this thread's page 2 didn't work...thank you!

That is the ultimate P3 dashware profile there is. It has been updated a few times up to this past weekend. Not only did we update the profile but also worked with the owner of djilogs.com with the server side of the comprehensive file system. We discovered that the P3's .txt files saved from a iOS device are different from that of android devices. Matthew (djilogs.com owner) set his system up to now save the proper data values for each iOS and android.

Hono send me a email [email protected] and I'll see if I can get you what you need. If you don't hear back from me after 1 day then send me a PM on here.

That is the ultimate P3 dashware profile there is. It has been updated a few times up to this past weekend. Not only did we update the profile but also worked with the owner of djilogs.com with the server side of the comprehensive file system. We discovered that the P3's .txt files saved from a iOS device are different from that of android devices. Matthew (djilogs.com owner) set his system up to now save the proper data values for each iOS and android.

Hono send me a email [email protected] and I'll see if I can get you what you need. If you don't hear back from me after 1 day then send me a PM on here.
O....I see,now I'm using http://flylitchi.com/logs to convert my log file,and than use the flytrex for the data file,it works,but not pefectly and correct show the flying data,anyway,thanks for your help!:)

Maybe my 3rd flight and first ever Youtube Video...

Goose can you explain how you got all of that in a few steps please? It looks sick!

@30secs

I'll try to make some time this evening to do a step-by-step. But a few key points...

1. The log file you upload is on your mobile device. In it's native form it is no good and has to be converted to a csv file

2. The www.djilogs.com site provides the better .csv. Download the "Comprehensive CSV"

3. Back in this thread is a link to the gadgets used on screen.

4. You also need the profile and that link is also in this thread as I recall

Attachments

• FlytrexPilotApp.zip
    711.5 KB · Views: 309
  • uavforcastdashware.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Reactions: 30secs
Thanks everyone for the priceless information!

I'm thinking about flying in a box shape at the start of each flight to make the sync easier. Anyone do something like this to ease the sync process?

@30secs

I'll try to make some time this evening to do a step-by-step. But a few key points...

1. The log file you upload is on your mobile device. In it's native form it is no good and has to be converted to a csv file

2. The www.djilogs.com site provides the better .csv. Download the "Comprehensive CSV"

3. Back in this thread is a link to the gadgets used on screen.

4. You also need the profile and that link is also in this thread as I recall
Thanks goose will start working on it and looking forward to your follow-up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.