Reaction score
More of a question than a statement. . . does anyone know how?? . . or is it permanently buried in the dji software. I do have a valid and rational commercial use for this . . that's legal, given the proper clearances. Anyone know about how P4 restricted coordinates are maintained?

I'm talking about this feature No FLY Zones | DJI

Last edited:
With GEO OFF there is no way you can start inside or enter a RED no-fly zone radius or any restricted area. It is not a pilot's decision. As a commercial pilot (helos) I understand that and agree if you are dealing with unqualified flyers . . but there are valid reasons to be able to do that sometimes.

Looking at this image I could start and fly in this location but the P4 will slow and stop if you attempt to go towards the zone. The other side of the barnyard the P4 will simply not start. This precluded this farmer from ever getting images or crop information from more than half his farm while his neighbour next door is unrestricted even though, as he says "This farm was here long before the %#*! airport. . . now they think they own me" . . . I can get the proper clearances for him and use different aerial camera I guess . . . but dji no way! . . easier to get a gun at a swap meet.

I think authorities are just over reacting to the new technology and not willing to "think outside the cylinder" . . . or consider deviating from "NO!". . . somewhat understandable if you are the one doing the authorizing . . .so not allowing a human decision is about all they can handle for now. Hope things evolve sooner than later.

REDZone.jpg

I saw in GO in the first screen when you start without the craft on, skip the add click on ME and there is an application to unlock NFZ. I never did or needed this but it's there.

I know what your saying, but it's dji' attempt at making it "idiot proof", not saying there may be a few idiots out there flying drones, lord help us.

Found it thanks . . just sign into your dji account and at the bottom of the ACCOUNT page is "My unlocking plans" . . now you can turn NFZ off . .just for the selected area for 3 days . . and just for three days precisely 00:00 day one until 23:59 day three. Will test that out and see how it does. Looks like a rational compromise. There is an "Advanced Unlocking" where you can schedule places, times, locations and specific aircraft ( by serial number) . . .very rational thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erised
NOPE . . NFZ red zones cannot be unlocked . . given that you can fly from the road intersection on my map above . . . just outside the red NFZ. . that actually makes a flight more dangerous, because it is directly in the approach path of runway 15 and less than 500m from the end of the runway.

So I don't see any practical purpose for "unlocking" GEO Authorization Zones . . other than removing the overlay on the map. . it does not stop anyone from flying within 500m from a runway.

One thing that gets me is that if your in a building big enough to fly in, inside a nfz red zone with no way to turn off the nfz you won't be able to fly even though your not in FAA air space

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

One thing that gets me is that if your in a building big enough to fly in, inside a nfz red zone with no way to turn off the nfz you won't be able to fly even though your not in FAA air space

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Yes and likewise there are a few buildings around a 100 feet in height and you can't fly 30 feet off the ground!

Yes very frustrating. I do a lot of auto photography and in many cases only need it to go about 30' in the air over a parking lot to grab some images. I can launch but then gets black warning box on the screen so I can't see what I'm doing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic