How to stop people from negatively approaching you while flying...

This thread turned quite a bit more awesome than I intended thanks to all of you. Awesome posts. Some good real ideas, too!

Someone here from the UK had extra signs they were selling in the classifieds. They were those small yellow stand up signs with some wording on them. Something to the effect of "Caution, UAV's in use".

Tell them your taking radioactive readings and not to go to 'that bit' (wherever there headed) because the readings are high.

Hide! :p
Master the art of quick deployment, followed by a quick escape!
1. Hand launch discreetly out of view, as far away as possible from all other people
2. Fly
3. Hand catch
4. Escape quickly in your awaiting getaway vehicle!
5. Deny everything!
Remember: You didn't do it! You weren't there! Besides, nobody saw you!:cool:

Reactions: Mako79
Be a former Marine
Be a Martial Arts instructor
Be Male
Be 280 Lbs
Have scars
Have battle experience
Look mean

Or just look official or something...I dunno.

(too much seriousness...smile, fly and have fun!)

Being a Marine myself just correcting you on the 1st item on your list..."Be a former Marine". There is NO such thing as a "former Marine"...Once a Marine always a Marine! It's a big pet peeve for a Marine who's no longer on active/reserve duty to be referred to as former Marine and never call a Marine an Ex-Marine. Rant over...carry on lol Semper Fi!!

Hide! :p
Master the art of quick deployment, followed by a quick escape!
1. Hand launch discreetly out of view, as far away as possible from all other people
2. Fly
3. Hand catch
4. Escape quickly in your awaiting getaway vehicle!
5. Deny everything!
Remember: You didn't do it! You weren't there! Besides, nobody saw you!:cool:

remember to fake your landings now and then in hard to get places before coming back home for the getaway.... it throws 'em every time.

remember to fake your landings now and then in hard to get places before coming back home for the getaway.... it throws 'em every time.
Excellent point! Also, have a sacrificial drone handy as a throw down, with no camera on it! Buy crashed drones on eBay to leave behind! :D

I always fly in a white suit and my quad has the hazardous chemical symbol on it. People don't come up to me. Must be my face.

Excellent point! Also, have a sacrificial drone handy as a throw down, with no camera on it! Buy crashed drones on eBay to leave behind! :D

Another method...... have a very hard to get to 'place' that you land it... and go back for it later. Just thinkin' of ways out here.... :)

Another method...... have a very hard to get to 'place' that you land it... and go back for it later. Just thinkin' of ways out here.... :)
These may seem funny to some, but they may soon be necessary to continue to fly when Big Brother decides we are outlaws! :cool:

A Parrot AR 2.0 drone? Seriously? They really go all out, don't they!
My last one ended up somewhere in a riverbed, after a fascinating flyaway, as it drifted downwind, under binocular observation, over RR tracks, an 8 lane freeway, and disappeared behind a 3 story apartment building, never to be seen again! The ground facing camera used for maintaining position even after losing WiFi signal, doesn't work at dusk! Onboard recording of video stops as soon as it loses wifi signal, too! Go figure! Loving the P3P! It even comes home, if it gets lost!:cool:

Reactions: Fourprops
image.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4