How to refresh fun of it?

create a list of 10 structures or scenery to photograph, knock out the list

Reactions: JoBe
Hey all

P3A owner for a year already. I love it. I'm not a professional photographer, i use my drone for everything. Taking aerial videos and photos and also beating distance records. My current record is 4.5km and i am planning to hit 5km, but in the cold weather its impossible due to battery draining faster.

So my question is how to reinvent fun of owning a drone? I am not bored with it, but it seems like same every flight.
How can you reinvent fun of it?
What are new challenges you can do? What are the things you can test?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try night flying. That's all I do

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Why don't you get a drop and release system? You can buy nice full kits for around 150$, put stuff on a string, make targets and drop cans of pop or eggs or whatever onto the target, or use it as a beer assistant ! The world is your playground!

Btw I have a p3a as well and I absolutely love it.. No need for the 4K cam just yet. I recently bought a maxx UAV maxxrange antenna mod and batt mod kit, can't wait to start making records for myself, and then trying to beat that record and so on..

Have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start a game. We had one going on here not long ago and it's a blast. We had to limit participants, but got everyone super engaged and having loads of fun.

1. Find you local drone community;
2. Make a collective list of places - we call "targets" - to photograph (buildings, parks, monuments, etc.).
3. List the places in an "easy-to-hard" order based on whatever criteria you decide (ours include difficulty level to things such as access, parking, take-off area, "stealthiness", nearby obstacles, rarity, etc.).
4. Hard targets count for most points, easy ones for less, and all in between accordingly.
5. Pictures taken on holidays, weekends and such get a few points subtracted. Likewise, missions completed on weekdays and working hours earn extra points (for obvious reasons).
6. Good images (sharpness, composition, light, etc.) of the targets earn extra points too; blurry or ugly ones get discarded or points taken from. Community votes. No extra points for "super creative" or jaw-dropping sunsets or whatever, as this is not a photography contest per se, but a "mission" game instead. Overall quality counts as indicator, because some guys just rush everything to get the target shot and mess up the final results while others keep the cool and get it done right.

It is a local kind of game as participants must live and know the city somewhat to be able to complete the missions and also vote. We had a guy earning good points and ranking up fast for shooting a museum in the middle of a park with lots of trees during daytime on a working day. Everyone who voted knows how hard was for him to get that specific shot considering all conditions, some of us have tried and failed. And his pic came out really beautiful too lol.

I checked out your link. So you were getting bored after only like three months but now it's more than a year since then. What did you do to stay interested?
Thanks for asking and also for checking out the link. Sorry for my delayed response.

For me, I became a Litchi beta tester for a while. That was fun and interesting. I even bought a P3P to go with my P3A so that I could provide the best feedback I could to the developers and to help the community. Eventually I made the personal choice to no longer update the FW on my P3's, so I also stopped providing beta feedback.

After that, I continued to get a lot of satisfaction out of spending time on the forums helping others get started and helping others through their issues. So many people come and go in the forum that there never seemed to be a lack of questions.

Now that P3's (Pro/Adv) have been discontinued, there will likely be fewer and fewer posts to this particular forum. Many of the regulars have already left. I may need to get a P4P or something else so that I can stay interested going forward and continue to help others.

Cheers sir.

Last edited:
Im in Oldham but on nights so can't do this week will come next time if I'm not on shift
@SteUk we have started a FB page for the group, next offical full meet is 21 or 22 weather dependant but lads may be flying anytime, find me on facebook here and message me for details
https://www.facebook.com/flymyp2v

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94