How to protect P3 from birds?

Reaction score
Is there anyway to protect the P3 from birds? Because I've had several flights and have to land the P3, because birds are trieing to attack it.

Maybe something with colored stickers or paintings? Anyone ideas?

Tie a scarecrow device underneath maybe? :)

unnamed (1).png
http://www.popsci.com.au/tech/its-a-bird-its-a-plane-its-helicat,377787

Reactions: Coldfire
Just an aside, I was doing a demonstration (too many trees) in the backyard (only going abut 10ft) on Memorial Day for some friends and my P3 must have taken out a couple thousand insects (mostly of the small gnat variety). Do they make a bug shield for the P3? ;-)

Stay away from them and fly somewhere else, they're most likely nesting and being protective of their eggs or chicks.
Or you could keep flying but there are plenty of smashed drones due to bird attacks.

I was flying in a Regional Park (read LARGE) yesterday and was attacked by several Mockingbirds, they were dive bombing the quad just like they do the Hawks, must have gotten to close to their nests. Took off at full speed and after a few hundred feet they broke off contact. I fly with prop guards in the park (safety first) but I don't think they would help in a bird strike.

I had a swarm of bees follow my Phantom down one time. Luckily they weren't Africanized or otherwise hostile.

If the birds are nesting they will attack anything, even the Gozilla if it comes too close. Better fly somewhere else.

If the P1/2/3's strange appearance and sound(s) don't scare them away, there's not much you can do except what others have said... leave.

They were here first afterall! :)

Thanks for all the reactions ;)! I try to leave them alone, but that's not always possible.
I will be carefull with my P3 haha.

Also the sonic from the vps system could annoy birds.

Find a small lightweight cat. A feral cat of any breed would be preferred although they are harder to handle and strapping them on & removing them from the Phantom is a bit trickier. Feed it birds between flights to keep it's natural bird killing instincts finely honed.

Reactions: Marlin009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers