How to protect P3 from birds?

I've found that fitting the cat with a small parachute also helps to break the eventual fall to earth.

I've not had one make contact yet, but they've come so close, that in the one area where they were getting closest, I've stopped flying.
I think enclosed blades would help, the Phantom will self right and self balance if it's impacted, but not if the blades are slowed down or stopped by the impact, then it will get real challenging whether it would recover in time.
The scary thing for me is this was at the end summer beginning of Autumn here, and not even close to breeding or nesting season, so I hate to think what they'll be like come Spring.

I've wondered about some kind of audio transmitter on it, that would be loud, scary, or ultrasonic and scare them away, but it would need a lot more investigation than I'm happy to try to put into the system. But it could make them see it as even more of a threat and get even more aggressive with it.

Oh, and one article I read said that birds are less disturbed by drones if you stay low. Their airborne predators normally come from above, so not cruising around and hovering up high makes you less of a concern to them. So far I haven't tested the theory, and am almost inclined to say my experience is the opposite - when I hover up high, they don't seem to come near it as much, but I'm just relaying what one article said.

Find a small lightweight cat. A feral cat of any breed would be preferred although they are harder to handle and strapping them on & removing them from the Phantom is a bit trickier. Feed it birds between flights to keep it's natural bird killing instincts finely honed.

I find my heavy BBQ gloves come in handy when dealing with unruly felines. Working a zip tie is tough but with practice it can be done.

Reactions: Rooky
How about a drone-mounted, remote-controlled laser? Just shoot em...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic