How to power a immersion video TX?

Reaction score
I have read that it's better to power the video transmitter directly and not use the Zenmuse cable. Can anyone give me some advice? I am setting up a Zenmuse on a phantom 1 and can choose either the Zenmuse supplied cable or the auxiliary power cable from the phantom. thoughts?

I do not have the iosd mini. But could see adding it. Does that guide my decision?

And it's the GCU I installed alongside the Zenmuse. I did not upgrade the phantom board.

For the gear you have, the easiest way is to just power it off the grey/red aux power lead coming off the mainboard (probably fed out one of the holes under the body by the legs). If you had the upgrade board you could power the Immersion Tx off the same cable the video comes from, and then your cabling options would be affected by whether you had the iOSD or not. You might still want to get it now while you're at it, since you would have to re-wire the video feed to your Immersion Tx when you add it later anyway.

So if i use the unused auxiliary power cable from the phantom (the gray and red) to power the ImmersionTX directly, then when I connect the supplied cable from the zenmuse video-out to the ImmersionTX, do i only use the yellow cable? (The Zenmuse came with a cable for splicing that has red/black/yellow.) Do i need to connect the ground for video only?? Or do i cap off the red and black?

windrockwater said:
So if i use the unused auxiliary power cable from the phantom (the gray and red) to power the ImmersionTX directly, then when I connect the supplied cable from the zenmuse video-out to the ImmersionTX, do i only use the yellow cable? (The Zenmuse came with a cable for splicing that has red/black/yellow.) Do i need to connect the ground for video only?? Or do i cap off the red and black?

You've got it right, just connect the yellow/black from the zenmuse cable (the one with a standard headphone plug on it) to the VID and GND leads on the Immersion Tx (the ones that are right next to each other on the 5-pin plug).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20