How to make money?

Reaction score
I am interested in making some side money by doing aerial photography using my Phantom 4. I was thinking real-estate agents and golf courses.

Can anyone suggest how to go about getting business?

Well I am not from the USA but there is a fair bit to do prior to even starting a business like that.

Read up more here on this forum and check your rules and regulations regarding the FAA - get licensed, insured etc. etc.

You are not alone in your endeavour - however most - but not all - who get into that line of business are already amateur or professional photographers who know a thing or two about photography - IMO the easy part is learning to safely and legally fly the Phantom than it is to learn all there is know about photography.

FAA FAA FAA - registration and licensed for business activity - is your number one priority.

Reactions: Meta4
I am interested in making some side money by doing aerial photography using my Phantom 4. I was thinking real-estate agents and golf courses.
That's the million dollar (?) question.
This recent thread is a good place to start: New Business Avenues

Well first you need to become FAA sUAS Part 107 Remote Pilot Certified! Register your Drone with the FAA foe Commercial purposes. Selling Pics & Video without these credentials will land you in major hot water. Liability Insurance is a must. Contracts to protect YOU and your intellectual property as well as confirming the customer's project are important! Think about setting up a bank account for your business and work with a bank that will do your Credit Card processing.

We have the marketplace for you. We just launched in Florida but our buyers are all over the place. Hope this helps.

Brick and mortar banks generally have more stringent restrictions when it comes to setting up a merchant account on behalf of your business. In today's world of high tech, you can accept credit cards simply and more cost effective with services such as PayPay, Square - even Costco has gotten into the game.

Any drone business would have a website, which can also leverage credit card capabilities; Stripe comes to mind.

I know a guy who can get your website up and running, including a shopping cart for about $600 bucks. PM me and I'll refer you :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20