How to find the Mac address on a P2V Windows 10

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2nd hand P2V and the box that it was in was not the same box it should have been. Different serial numbers on all pieces. Therefore the QR code to bind it to the app did not work. After reaching out to DJI a few times (to no avail) and trying to get across to them the problem that I could not find the "hidden" mac address needed. They sent a few suggestions, but none worked. Everything they have is for Windows 7 and below.
I reached out to a friend who does IT networking and he came up with a command prompt that revealed the hidden address. I'm not nearly tech savvy enough to explain this in detail, but I'll post the screenshot in hopes it may help someone else. I know I am not alone with this problem since I have seen it several times when looking for a solution.
You need to have the app installed and go through it all the way to the point where it says scan QR code for binding. Once you have the '60-60" prefix on the list, you can eliminate the one that says Phantom_xxx that would be the wifi repeater. The actual command is the one just above the list of Mac addresses.
Worked like a charm!
2016-01-05_19-07-02.jpg

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Pretty cool. Well done.

Another option is to follow the recommendation in the manual. That is, contact DJI, explain the problem, explain that the steps to a solution are outlined in the manual, and then provide DJI with the serial number of your Vision found on the bottom of the aircraft, and also provide them with the serial number on the back of the camera. If you do all that, they will email you a graphic of the QR code. I know this for sure because I did this last month and the QR code which they emailed me worked perfectly.

The problem though, is that they are so slow to respond. Took them two weeks to get me the QR code. So I like your method better. And I suspect it'll work with any windows OS since you're using the command prompt.

[COMMENT]mac address[/COMMENT][COMMENT]QR code[/COMMENT]

Last edited:
Reactions: LoneStarLori
Pretty cool. Well done.

Another option is to follow the recommendation in the manual. That is, contact DJI, explain the problem, explain that the steps to a solution are outlined in the manual, and then provide DJI with the serial number of your Vision found on the bottom of the aircraft, and also provide them with the serial number on the back of the camera. If you do all that, they will email you a graphic of the QR code. I know this for sure because I did this last month and the QR code which they emailed me worked perfectly.

The problem though, is that they are so slow to respond. Took them two weeks to get me the QR code. So I like your method better. And I suspect it'll work with any windows OS since you're using the command prompt.

[COMMENT]mac address[/COMMENT][COMMENT]QR code[/COMMENT]
I guess you got one of the more competent tech guys. The one I had said they couldn't do it within just a serial number. Even though I had read on here they could. Below is what they sent me. Which doesnt work for Windows 10.
I emailed back saying it doesn't work and never got a response. Well, at least not in a few days. That's why I reached out to my friend.

Here's the method they sent:
Turn on the Phantom Vision 2+, but *not* the controller's Range Extender.

When you power on the Phantom Vision 2+ its camera's WiFi interface starts up by creating a 'hidden' network - i.e., one that does not have an announced network name (SSID). Therefore, most WiFi scans will not see the camera's WiFi interface. Instead, you will need to use a special WiFi scan that reveals hidden networks.

For Windows,
Wireless Connection Status -> Find WLAN -> click the "Show Details" checkbox
(This may or may not work for computers running newer versions of Windows. Of course, it'll need to have a WiFi interface.)

You should see (perhaps after waiting a few seconds) an "open network" with no network name, and a MAC address that begins with 60:60:1F.

Then, turn on your controller's Range Extender. (If you're still scanning for WiFi networks, you'll see the Range Extender's WiFi network. This (unlike the camera's hidden WiFi network) will have a name, beginning with "Phantom_".)

Then, run the "DJI Vision" app on your smartphone or tablet. Click "Settings", then "Binding". Under "New Camera", you'll see a menu item labeled "MAC Address". Click this, enter the new camera's MAC address, then click the 'tick' box in the upper-right corner to complete the binding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20