How to delete videos on micro card

Reaction score
Was wondering how I could free up some room on my micro card by deleting some video I do not have a micro card adapter as im hooking it straight to my MacBook Pro thanks for any help

Ummm... doesn't the camera have a micro usb port? It's on the opposite side of the SD card slot. Just plug that into your mac and delete/move the files in the removable disk\DCIM directory,

Reactions: Buckaye
Ummm... doesn't the camera have a micro usb port? It's on the opposite side of the SD card slot. Just plug that into your mac and delete/move the files in the removable disk\DCIM directory,

Being a bit of a pedantic, but the USB port is below the Phantom logo on the copter itself, not the camera or gimble.

If for some reason you can't do it through the computer, just use the app to format the SD card.
That will completely clear it.
There's no reason to fly with anything on the card except the images you are taking on that flight.

Being a bit of a pedantic, but the USB port is below the Phantom logo on the copter itself, not the camera or gimble.

look again.
The one on the front of the P3 under the logo is useless as tits on a bull.
To access the SD with your images, you need to plug it into the camera/gimbal.

Reactions: atxpilot
I
look again.
The one on the front of the P3 under the logo is useless as tits on a bull.
To access the SD with your images, you need to plug it into the camera/gimbal.

Is this the only way to get your videos and pics? to plug into the gimbal or remove sd?
I thought they would turn up on your device's album in the app?
AND, didnt they say initially you would be able to edit the videos while flying? sounds crazy i know!
TIA

I

Is this the only way to get your videos and pics? to plug into the gimbal or remove sd?
AND, didnt they say initially you would be able to edit the videos while flying? sounds crazy i know!
TIA
There is a "director" portion of the app that supposedly lets you do some editing. But no it's not the only way. The reason I was proven wrong was I hadn't actually tried the usb below the logo. I ejected the sd card and put it on my computer through an adapter.

I

TIA

The op said he didn't have an SD card reader.
But yes.. all 3 methods you mention should work.
I prefer using an SD card reader. I don't like the idea of leaving the P3 on idle without the props spinning whilst its transferring via Lightbridge/USB cable. Notoriously, the P2VP V2 wifi module ran hot and some have reported failures due to overheating and poor thermal paste application. I don't want to risk it on my P3 as returning it for warranty is a pain.

Uh, that's *not* where you download pics/videos! That USB port below the logo on the front is only for pilot logs - and they're basically unreadable to most of us. On the gimbal, on the side opposite the card, is a USB port you can use to read the card. The nasty part of that is that the Phantom must be running to utilize that port and download the video/photos.

It's a lot safe and easier to just remove the card. Card readers are pretty inexpensive. I bought one the other day for $10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers