How to deal with guilt

I bought a P1 last June and lost that in the sea after a few weeks' ownership. Boy, did I feel stupid. (Got the GoPro back - thanks nice local mussel fishermen! :D :D :D ) Of course I blamed the lack of FPV etc, etc, but it was total pilot error. Guilt factor 5.

At Christmas when the P2V came out, I persuaded my beloved that it was all that I needed - extra battery and the second-buyer discount and so I went ahead. Guilt factor 7. However the gimbal issue soon became apparent so I ordered a Rotorpixel gimbal. Guilt factor 8.5.

The the V+ came out. It had everything I could want - FPV, long battery life, stabilized video - woo hoo! I could cancel the Rotorpixel jobby, sell the P2V and only be out a few quid. Result. Guilt factor down to about 3.

Bought the V+ (but kept the P2V) Guilt factor 10+.

Then I made some quite interesting videos of some local landmarks, the town in which we live and some surrounding villages. They went 'viral' locally - around 8500 YouTube hits. (We live in a very small town) Everyone kept asking my beloved when she was out shopping was that her husband that made those wonderful videos. The local priest even played one clip at mass! Even six weeks later, people are still commenting on them. See them on my YT channel - link below.

No guilt any more, I'm the blue eyed boy!

Get out and enjoy your new purchase!

i dont understand why you would feel guilty for buying a phantom......did you not earn the money yourself? stop wasting time feeling bad about treating yourself to a fun toy and go fly the **** thing lol

Ok guys. My guilt is almost gone. Now I just got to get my nerves calmed. A little paranoid something may go wrong and poof.

happydays said:
I bought a P1 last June and lost that in the sea after a few weeks' ownership. Boy, did I feel stupid. (Got the GoPro back - thanks nice local mussel fishermen! :D :D :D ) Of course I blamed the lack of FPV etc, etc, but it was total pilot error. Guilt factor 5.

At Christmas when the P2V came out, I persuaded my beloved that it was all that I needed - extra battery and the second-buyer discount and so I went ahead. Guilt factor 7. However the gimbal issue soon became apparent so I ordered a Rotorpixel gimbal. Guilt factor 8.5.

The the V+ came out. It had everything I could want - FPV, long battery life, stabilized video - woo hoo! I could cancel the Rotorpixel jobby, sell the P2V and only be out a few quid. Result. Guilt factor down to about 3.

Bought the V+ (but kept the P2V) Guilt factor 10+.

Then I made some quite interesting videos of some local landmarks, the town in which we live and some surrounding villages. They went 'viral' locally - around 8500 YouTube hits. (We live in a very small town) Everyone kept asking my beloved when she was out shopping was that her husband that made those wonderful videos. The local priest even played one clip at mass! Even six weeks later, people are still commenting on them. See them on my YT channel - link below.

No guilt any more, I'm the blue eyed boy!

Get out and enjoy your new purchase!

Awesome post. Smiling ear to ear.

Let's see
In our House
I remodeled our 2 bathrooms saying us probably 10K
Installed 800 SQ Feet Hickory hardwood flooring saving us about 7500$
replaced 360 ft redwood fencing myself
Painted the whole interior myself,

Guilt? not in the least..

Oh,, and I also gave my wife permission to pick out a 25th anniversary ring of her choice...

I will be ordering soon..

djl

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1