How to cheat waypoints setting ....

Everyone can easily repeat this steps and see it in action...
At the moment I really don't know how much useful is this workaround.

500M++ ?? The hack probably for android can be done .... ;)

I think it's still very useful because you can plan waypoints from the ground and then when you're there you do not have to waste time or battery by planning

Reactions: huntjock
If people are ok with waypoints. fine. But more is possible. It can be enabled by ground station. 3rd part apps will rise up. Just saying, I'm not happy till I can send my bird on a pre planned mission and have it go out of reach if I need it to and come back. Not everyone flies over city areas. Some of us have farmland to screen where there's no obstacles, just open farm land. Livestock to look after. Fence lines to check on. Pipeline to view. Deer leases to monitor for ferral hogs. Plenty of uses.

possibly of interest, re: the altitude limit being enforced by the drone firmware: 11#

DJI Forum|The altitude limitation-documentation?

3rd party apps will still "rise up" and give us better waypoint tools, but nothing that can go outside of the limits in the firmware.

You guys could just use Litchi. It doesn't have any limits and there's many many more features .

Any limits? Really? (Of course, I am not going to argue battery life or anything like that)

Are you saying that with the Litchi app I could setup a waypoint mission that would truly scale and clear the peak of a mountain that is more than 500m higher than my home point? more than 600m?

I have a theory about how this could be done (programmatically). I may have to shoot the Litchi developer a PM

Any limits? Really? (Of course, I am not going to argue battery life or anything like that)

Are you saying that with the Litchi app I could setup a waypoint mission that would truly scale and clear the peak of a mountain that is more than 500m higher than my home point? more than 600m?

I have a theory about how this could be done (programmatically). I may have to shoot the Litchi developer a PM
Yes absolutely. The height limit is 19,600 ft. So I think you're probably good ;)

I thought it was for both but I can't say for sure. I only use android . Check the app store and if it's not there look into autopilot . I have heard great things about that app too and it's only for ios.

But apparently Autopilot is still not supporting waypoints. What is a good not too expensive tablet to use android ?

But apparently Autopilot is still not supporting waypoints. What is a good not too expensive tablet to use android ?
I bought a nvidia shield tablet and in my opinion it's the best Android tablet to use. It's a beast and you can get the wifi only shields for about 200 and it has gps.

Reactions: QaaUz
One needs to SEE, the contents of two occupations on screen - reflection (see your face) and - is it called glare - the screen becomes fog.
Mine - not cheap - Samsung gx3note reflects, the 9thumb tab will also. My ipad2air rapidly fogs with touch and has not strong light. Covered is fine with both.
You might regret your choice if not see the tab outside in various lighting.
It is a serious issue - I hope you find something great and not pricey - you may have issues with video viewing.

I acquired Litchi and it looks to be as said. Am now on help page=user manual.
Not a good test man due to a very occupied forest homestead set of seasonal needs, some who also acquire will likely confirm its usefulness. Ja, on android. Me on phone screen not pad. My Android pads need rooting and upgrading. I got the Mac thing to see better. Take care!

Yes absolutely. The height limit is 19,600 ft. So I think you're probably good ;)

Ok, I'll bite. Would anyone care to post a video or something that demonstrates Litchi taking a P3 to an altitude significantly higher than the home point altitude plus 500m during a waypoint mission?

Last edited:
Ok, I'll bite. Would anyone care to post a video or something that demonstrates Litchi taking a P3 to an altitude significantly higher than the home point altitude plus 500m during a waypoint mission?

Since Litchi would have had to test this, perhaps Litchi would want to demo this in a video?? Maybe one has already been posted. Can somebody please provide a link??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues