How to cheat waypoints setting ....

Reaction score
I can't fly in this moment, but I think you can fake waypoints setting using simulator.
You only need to have a GPS device (I used Ipad Air cellular version) and bring all the stuff to the selected location where you want to fly route. Accessing the simulator you will see the location on the map and you can set wp flying the route in the sim. After the route wp are set, save as favorite route...
Then restart p3 and switch to the real thing, takeoff, put in F-mode and look if route is saved in the waypoints option ( without a real take off I can't test it)

Is there anyone daring the test ?

Oh nice @Flyaware .. let me know if it can work !

what we need to be asking is why not implementation of the ground station app for the phantom 3. The dedicated app. Not waypoint add on to the go app. It works for the vision plus....why not P3?

Reactions: huntjock
I'd be very concerned it doesn't get the altitude / barometer correct...

I'll wait to hear feedback from others.

It works for the vision plus....why not P3?
Because DJI probably doesn't want the hassle of dealing with every mope that decides to create a flight path without first checking whether there are obstacles. When you fly it first, you know whether there are obstacles.

Because DJI probably doesn't want the hassle of dealing with every mope that decides to create a flight path without first checking whether there are obstacles. When you fly it first, you know whether there are obstacles.
Then why make a ground station app to begin with. I'm sorry but obstacles isn't a reason. Just put in a base height and no worries about obstacles. As long as there's no mechanical failure, DJI isn't on the hook for user error. So, they made ground station for the phantom 2 plus and then said whoops, maybe we shouldn't allow this for the inspire nor the phantom 3? Doesn't make sense. Just saying. waypoints isn't all it's cracked up to be. It not what people thought they were getting

Then why make a ground station app to begin with. I'm sorry but obstacles isn't a reason. Just put in a base height and no worries about obstacles. As long as there's no mechanical failure, DJI isn't on the hook for user error. So, they made ground station for the phantom 2 plus and then said whoops, maybe we shouldn't allow this for the inspire nor the phantom 3? Doesn't make sense. Just saying. waypoints isn't all it's cracked up to be. It not what people thought they were getting
If there were no ground station for the P2V, no one would know the difference. I bet the majority of the P3 market has no idea that it could function any differently.

If people are ok with waypoints. fine. But more is possible. It can be enabled by ground station. 3rd part apps will rise up. Just saying, I'm not happy till I can send my bird on a pre planned mission and have it go out of reach if I need it to and come back. Not everyone flies over city areas. Some of us have farmland to screen where there's no obstacles, just open farm land. Livestock to look after. Fence lines to check on. Pipeline to view. Deer leases to monitor for ferral hogs. Plenty of uses.

If people are ok with waypoints. fine. But more is possible. It can be enabled by ground station. 3rd part apps will rise up. Just saying, I'm not happy till I can send my bird on a pre planned mission and have it go out of reach if I need it to and come back. Not everyone flies over city areas. Some of us have farmland to screen where there's no obstacles, just open farm land. Livestock to look after. Fence lines to check on. Pipeline to view. Deer leases to monitor for ferral hogs. Plenty of uses.

God,,,,, now I have to worry about ferral hogs?

Reactions: BigAl07
Orlando, maybe. Texas....oh yeah. I had 50 on my property recently. Be nice to get a view of where they are traveling from.
Texas style pulled pork on the menu. "Hunting from Drones Bill Announced in Texas Legislature". The ultimate open carry law.[emoji195][emoji231][emoji230] [emoji379][emoji576]

Reactions: snerd

You, have hit the nail right on the head.
Pre planned. It works. Field and forest surveying, grid work.
Now fly whilst straining at the screen to figure out.....
You said it right on.

Reactions: huntjock and 2FST4U

I don't think they are looking out for the flyers interest... they are looking out for their own interest. Law makers are going to throw their arms up in the air at autonomous flight. That is being able to press on a map and fly anywhere you want. But if DJI can make the argument that a person needs to _manually) fly there first, then they remove that autonomous aspect of the argument. Of course, this is all looking forward but no one can change the past. They only need to show that they are currently accountable. DJI does not really care is users do fly 100% autonomous otherwise they would remove it from the SDK. They only want to be able to show someone that they (DJI) are building in these safeguards.

Weather is not a friend today here ... Damned!

I don't think they are looking out for the flyers interest... they are looking out for their own interest. Law makers are going to throw their arms up in the air at autonomous flight. That is being able to press on a map and fly anywhere you want. But if DJI can make the argument that a person needs to _manually) fly there first, then they remove that autonomous aspect of the argument. Of course, this is all looking forward but no one can change the past. They only need to show that they are currently accountable. DJI does not really care is users do fly 100% autonomous otherwise they would remove it from the SDK. They only want to be able to show someone that they (DJI) are building in these safeguards.
Completely agree.

Tested the idea, ... and it works !!
So you can fix waypoints in the simulator and then fly them really.

BUT:
  1. you have very small map in the simulator to fix waypoints and can't be maximized as in real fly camera view screen.
  2. If you have street/road view and not satellite view of the map, go in camera view set sat map then go back to simulator.

Last edited:
Tested the idea, ... and it works !!
So you can fix waypoints in the simulator and then fly them really.

BUT:
  1. you have very small map in the simulator to fix waypoints and can't be maximized as in real fly camera view screen.
  2. you have street/road view and not satillite view of the map, so fixes are difficult to find, particularly in open rural fields.
If we get confirmation of your mission then you get the award for first person to develop and test fly a work around, and less than 4 days after the update was released!
Congratulations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20