How often are the batteries cracking?

86495b34c3fd5daf07ce597ed4a4275a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello,

Battery S/N should start with 082AD...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Got you, so my battery is 082AD620310MDB. So no 99 ending, I only bought my P4 about 2 1/2 weeks ago. So is this 31 advanced from 99, or prior. No signs of any damage so far. Many Thanks !

Got you, so my battery is 082AD620310MDB. So no 99 ending, I only bought my P4 about 2 1/2 weeks ago. So is this 31 advanced from 99, or prior. No signs of any damage so far. Many Thanks !

I would think that you have the next generation batteries. I received my replacements about a month ago, and all three are the newer ones.

One thing I noticed... they don't seem to snap in quite as tightly as the old ones. Perhaps the "thumb press" to seat the old batteries is the underlying cause of the cracks...

~Joey

Reactions: Alba52
Two of my three batteries now have a crack on the front. I haven't dropped one yet. Seems to me they are cracking due to contact inside the battery as they are stressed in the same place. Has DJI been good about making this right?
They told me it was my problem. The warranty for the batteries were only for 60 days from purchase. Well mine didn't start to crack until about 3-4 months in. They were NO Help on this issue.

They told me it was my problem. The warranty for the batteries were only for 60 days from purchase. Well mine didn't start to crack until about 3-4 months in. They were NO Help on this issue.

They balked on me at first. Be polite, but forceful. It worked for me, but I DID have to go to the next level of support. Just don't take NO for an answer. Point out that a cracked battery is a safety issue, and if the faulty batteries that THEY furnished with their product were to start a fire in your home... that was the tack I took with them....

~Joey

Reactions: Alba52
I just recently picked up a BestBuy black edition. I wonder if my batteries will give me the same cracking problem? Hopefully DJI has addressed the issue by time mine was produced.

I would think that you have the next generation batteries. I received my replacements about a month ago, and all three are the newer ones.

One thing I noticed... they don't seem to snap in quite as tightly as the old ones. Perhaps the "thumb press" to seat the old batteries is the underlying cause of the cracks...

~Joey

~Joey
Appreciate it !

Thank you msinger, I purchased my P4 on August 16th, not sure if the batteries are still under warranty,but I would like to know what causes the cracks? Ill contact DJI and post any response.
So it's been over a month and finally today after several emails, I finally got confirmation with a ups tracking number. Thank you DJI! Even though the battery's were out of warranty, DJI took responsibility and replaced them anyway. I purchased on Aug 16 and made the claim on Dec 26th.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31