How much memory for new iPad

Reaction score
Looking to update from my Galaxy S7 to a larger screen, so I'm looking at an iPad. Tmobile usually only keeps 32g versions on hand. If I go non cellular, Best Buy has 128g in stock. I'm looking at a Pro or the regular 2017 iPad.

It'll be as bare bones as I can make it -- no music or anything. Would a 32g be plenty? Or should I just skip cellular and get 128g WiFi only?

I bought the 10.5 " iPad Pro 256 GB recently. It has pretty much replaced my iPad Air 2. I'm very glad that I got the 256 GB version, as I now use it exclusively for my video editing as well. At just about the same weight as the Air 2 - yet slightly larger - it still serves as a good flight tablet too. You would have to purchase a tablet holder extension though, but that's easy.

I bought the Apple Lightning to SD Card Reader and just take the card out of the copter and import what I want directly into the iPad. It's a great system. You would not be let down by the new iPad Pro. It's very powerful.

Would a 32g be plenty?
I only use my iPad Minis for flying and they are both 16GB. I don't cache the video or do any editing on those tablets, so I still have plenty of space left over.

Thanks for the replies so far! So it sounds like the Tmobile 32g 2017 iPad would be the most cost effective? Main reason I'm weighing cost is I bought a Spark fly more last night (sweeeet little drone!) And don't want to completely break the bank in one weekend :)

Thanks for the replies so far! So it sounds like the Tmobile 32g 2017 iPad would be the most cost effective? Main reason I'm weighing cost is I bought a Spark fly more last night (sweeeet little drone!) And don't want to completely break the bank in one weekend :)

I’ve gone from a google tablet 7” to an iPad mini4 I got the 128gb but got a factory refurb so it was the price of a 32gb. I did get the cellular one though as there are features that require the gps but I haven’t got a chip in it, I just link the phones WiFi, so it probably don’t really need to be the cellular one.

Have to say I still have both pads and the iPad is head & shoulders better. There’s a great sun screen on Facebook that works well once you rip all the silly sucker things out as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94