how many Phantom 2 versions are there?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been told there are now 3 versions of the Phantom 2 with h3-3D gimbal for gopro set ups.
I was told there was the original phantom 2 followed by the Version 2 with much better controller and motors
also told there was a version 3 which came out a couple months before the new Phantom 3 arrived.
can someone confirm how many Phantom 2 versions there are please and If there is a version 3 can you describe what improvements there are to the Phantom 2 V2 Please.
also if there is a version 3, how does one confirm which one he is buying if looking to buy a second hand unit.

Best I can do is 3. I'm gonna be wrong though.
The P2.
The P2 Vision.
The P2 Vision Plus.

If you're going to break them down farther than that, well, that's a headache.
I do know the P2V+ V3 is the one which is most famous, in my mind, for falling out of the sky.

nope Im not talking about the vision side of things....
I'm ref to phantom 2 that uses a gopro (H3-3D OR H3-4D gimbal)

IIRC when they upgraded the P2, (2.0 ESCs and upgraded motors, thumbwheel gimbal control) they called it P2 Version 2. When they did the same upgrade to the Vision Plus, they called it Version 3.0

This led to loads of confusion, and some distributors started calling the P2 V2, P2 V3.

Exactly. DJI's third revision of the P2 was called V2. Mostly just to confuse the heck out of everyone.
So, it's Phantom 2 (original), Phantom 2+ (opening in shell for H3-3D), Phantom 2 V2 (motor, ESC refresh).

The only way I can tell the versions apart is mine Phantom is a P2 V2 it has the compass molded into the landing legs.
Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj