How many minutes can I fly the phantom?

Reaction score
I'm using the DJI Phantom copter with GoPro Hero 3+ camera, DJI AVL58 video transmitter, Hifly 2 axis gimbal.

- What is the safe and perfect time duration, can I fly the phantom with a single battery?
- Does phantom have any low battery indicator, should I turn it on, through the software?
- Does the flying time of the battery fade away, when it gets older?

Please share your opinion with me guys.

about 7-8 minutes
phantom will flash red in flight low battery warning , no software switch.
yes batteries do degrade.

Thanks buddy for your comment. Is there any indication, to know the battery condition is not good enough to fly? . Otherwise without knowing the condition of the battery, it is unsafe to fly with that. Then it'll reduce the flying time. As you are saying I hope I can fly 7-8 minutes safely with all those 3 gadgets (GoPro, FPV, Gimbal) ?

BinaraA said:
Thanks buddy for your comment. Is there any indication, to know the battery condition is not good enough to fly? . Otherwise without knowing the condition of the battery, it is unsafe to fly with that. Then it'll reduce the flying time. As you are saying I hope I can fly 7-8 minutes safely with all those 3 gadgets (GoPro, FPV, Gimbal) ?

If you haven't done so already, I would add the newer 9" props from the vision, they can help add flight time even with a loaded aircraft like yours (and are relatively cheap).

BinaraA said:

Write a code on your batteries so you know one from the other and test fly them by putting them into a low hover over grass or something soft and time each pack. This will give a relative measure of pack performance. The time per pack won't necessarily be the flight time you can use as you will only be hovering, but it will identify 'good' packs from ones that are not so good.

I would also suggest that you invest in a battery checker. This device will tell you the current capacity of your battery and the condition of each individual cell. They don't cost a lot and I find mine invaluable.

Regards

Nidge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.