How many have had absolutely no problems

Dirty Bird said:
RedRyderMedia said:
I wasn't trying to embarrass you, just trying to make sure I remembered correctly. I understand this was a minor issue for you, but it has become a deal breaker for me. You're using an Android device for a monitor. Switching back to an earlier version seems to have solved your problem. I'm using an iOS device and there are no earlier versions to switch to.

After 10 days of successful flying, my monitor stopped working. I see all the control functions and they all work, but the camera monitor function is just black and stays that way. I bought this quad as a video platform. Without the monitor to see what I'm filming, the product is useless. DJI technical support has been less than worthless. I have a $1300 product that I can't use and they don't seem to care. In their mind it's my problem.

My point is we do this original poster a disservice if we under state the problems users are really having and the lack of support from DJI. Owners are on this site looking for help. In part they're here because there is nowhere else to turn.

When everything goes perfect, this product is awesome and amazing. But, if you (some including me and the original poster perhaps are newbies) make a mistake, knowingly or not, or the quad malfunctions, the results are catastrophic. Don't make the mistake of thinking these things won't happen to me.

I didn't take it that way I had simply forgotten. It was not my intention to under report. With Android, its easy to see why there could be app issues, as there are a wide variety of Android devices designed around totally different hardware. I am using an HTC One M7. Ironically, 1.0.40 was supposed to correct video issues, but in my case it broke what was working fine.

With iOS devices, this is should be less of an issue as there are a much more limited number of Apple devices, all manufactured by Apple. Do you have another Apple device you could try this on? Perhaps a friend willing to let you install the app on their phone to see if it works? Perhaps some other app you have installed on your device is causing the issue? Odd that it worked for 10 days. Could something you installed at that point, or an app that updated, have altered something on your device that is affecting the Vision app? Clearly the Vision app must be working for most Apple users and, from the developer's end, it is difficult to diagnose without having access to the affected device(s).

I think DJI is simply overwhelmed right now with the success of the Vision+. Coupled with it being a new aircraft, I don't think they foresaw the huge demand.

Thanks for your suggestions. I don't want to hijack this thread by trying to solve my problem, but my experience with DJI Technical Support is pertinent. I hope they didn't launch this product thinking it wouldn't be successful, and they may be overwhelmed. But, my exchanges with their technical support left me convinced they really don't care about customer service. It's not clear if they are really working on this problem, but what is clear is they're not going to do anything to address the fact I have a $1300 product I bought from them I can't use. It is very clear from them they aren't going to do anything! In their words, my problem "has been solved" and they have no intentions of doing anything more for me.
I'm unhappy, still can't use the product, and they plan to do nothing. That isn't customer service in my opinion. Anyone considering buying this product should understand they may be on their own if they experience a problem.

10 glorious flights and not to jinx myself 100% error free unlike my experiences with R/C planes. :eek:
I look at these a lot like I do cars. The majority are fine but there will be some lemons. It's how the manufacturer deals with the issues that sets the stage for success.

I have the vision and the vision + . I have had no problems with any flights so far. Both fly perfectly. I have flown over a hundred flight in two diffrent states. I have only crashed once, operator error. And the phantom had no damage after a hard hit into branches and landing in snow.

this should be more specific question , have you had any problems with the unit itself . or have you made mistakes that caused your problem .

1) technical problems : zero
2) made mistakes : yes ,

No problems here. Took it apart plenty, tweaked software with no problem. Now playing with hardware interaction to connect my own sensors and no problems.

And LOTS of flying time here in southern Arizona.

Paul

RedRyderMedia said:
Dirty Bird said:
RedRyderMedia said:
This doesn't seem true. I' thought I read posts from you talking about app problems that you addressed by going back to earlier versions. Do I remember wrong?

It is true that 1.0.40 caused my FPV display to freeze. I reverted to 1.0.39 and the problem was resolved. That was such a minor and easily corrected issue that I had forgotten. :oops:

The question presented was, "How many people have had 100% success?" In an environment where people are reporting Vision+ aircraft crashing left & right, I took this to mean how many people have had 100% success flying their aircraft.

I wasn't trying to embarrass you, just trying to make sure I remembered correctly. I understand this was a minor issue for you, but it has become a deal breaker for me. You're using an Android device for a monitor. Switching back to an earlier version seems to have solved your problem. I'm using an iOS device and there are no earlier versions to switch to.

After 10 days of successful flying, my monitor stopped working. I see all the control functions and they all work, but the camera monitor function is just black and stays that way. I bought this quad as a video platform. Without the monitor to see what I'm filming, the product is useless. DJI technical support has been less than worthless. I have a $1300 product that I can't use and they don't seem to care. In their mind it's my problem.

My point is we do this original poster a disservice if we under state the problems users are really having and the lack of support from DJI. Owners are on this site looking for help. In part they're here because there is nowhere else to turn.

When everything goes perfect, this product is awesome and amazing. But, if you (some including me and the original poster perhaps are newbies) make a mistake, knowingly or not, or the quad malfunctions, the results are catastrophic. Don't make the mistake of thinking these things won't happen to me.

I've read many post by you and my sense is you're a very experienced user. What may be simple for you isn't to the average new buyer of this product. You had the same problem I have had. Others have this same problem to. It is not an isolated problem. Others can expect to have similar issues if not the exact same one you and I both have.....or in your case HAD.

Did you try returning the unit for a new one? I'm getting mine from B&H photo and they will refund or exchange for the first 30 days if there are any issues.

I didn't have any issues with my Phantom 2 Vision and I haven't any issues with my P2V+.

I'm glad this thread was developed. I've read so much negativity I was ready to give up before I started.... :) I'm an experienced hobbyist and when I read the boards on other forums I can see the mistakes many people make due to inexperience or lack of patience. If the majority of these phantoms don't work DJI won't stay in business and they know it. I have been happy with their NAZA controllers which I have used successfully in the past.

Complete newbie, Unboxed, charged, flew ZERO issues. Need to read on different video settings as my night flights are fuzzy....

Ok, P2V+ flys pefect,, took it up 385ft hovered like a hawk, maybe a 2 meter float in 10 knot wind but always recovered to the original hover. Now I looked at the video,, ooops what is up with my Hirizon tilt! am I missing a feature? Amed direct into the wind gives a perfect horizon. Aimed either East West side shore into the wind my horizon is off by at least 30 degrees. I will try again today to see if its all the same,, maybe its me holding the tx slightly tilted with the horizon? other than the video issue, perfect out of the box.

PS,, Using my Ipad Mini with glare shield was better for me than the Iphone 5s,, I didnt have to wear reading glasses.

JWDrone said:
Ok, P2V+ flys pefect,, took it up 385ft hovered like a hawk, maybe a 2 meter float in 10 knot wind but always recovered to the original hover. Now I looked at the video,, ooops what is up with my Hirizon tilt! am I missing a feature? Amed direct into the wind gives a perfect horizon. Aimed either East West side shore into the wind my horizon is off by at least 30 degrees. I will try again today to see if its all the same,, maybe its me holding the tx slightly tilted with the horizon? other than the video issue, perfect out of the box.

PS,, Using my Ipad Mini with glare shield was better for me than the Iphone 5s,, I didnt have to wear reading glasses.

Check to see if you are in FPV mode. This is selected in the app.
If that's not it, re-calibratee the imu. Do the advanced calibration.
If that does not work, contact dji.

Zero problems on my P2V and zero on it's replacement, the P2V+. Then again, I tend to fly on well charged batteries, always make sure I have at least 7 satellites locked in minimum, make certain my home point is set/and I have only green lights before lifting off, fly closeby for the first 60 seconds or so to make sure all my controls are working properly, calibrate anytime Im flying from a new location and I fly in non-rainy conditions while not sitting inside my car when controlling.

The only problem I ever had was a crash caused by third-party props. Prop oscillation led to an uncontrollable toilet bowl decent .The P2V literally plunged 50 feet without a dent on it accept for the smashed props, and if the crashed hadn't broken them, I would have done it manually. - lesson learned.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31