How many batteries

Reaction score
Just curious from the more experienced UAV recrational pilots how many batteries you have on hand for your Phantom? Do you always pack them all or do you have a rule of thumb for how many to take for a specific period of shooting.
Since flight time is barely bumping up against 30 minutes that's a lot of extra battery power if you plan to do a few hours of shooting.

Thx. Moment of weakness in not using search. Thanks for not flaming me.

Thx. Moment of weakness in not using search. Thanks for not flaming me.
I have found that I don't have hours to spend on my hobby (and it's winter here anyway), so I usually just do one 10 minute run at a time. It kind of just satisfies the "I've got to get out there and fly!" urgency in my head. You can scope out a new place easily. And this way I don't have a boatload of video footage I want to cut and splice and process as well. Further, if you are not sure if you are going to get "caught" (I don't try to sneak around, but people can be stupid and call police on you, as you probably know), you are in and out quickly, and can decide for yourself if you want to come back later on a nice day. (I take 2 batteries, just in case but only have three).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub