How many batteries is enough?

True but I have a truck and they love to guzzle, even at idle. Figured I should be able to get 10-20 charges while camping without causing issues.

I keep a Duracell Powerpack 600 with me that is charged (very slllllooooowwwwlllly) via a solar panel on my truck cap. It's rated for 26amp hours (cough, hack):

http://www.duracellpower.com/documents/ ... RPP600.pdf

I've not seen how well it will charge a P2 battery yet but may try it out this week if it turns out I have enough auxiliary power on my other devices to where I can risk seeing how much of real-life charging it will take. These units are super quirky and either seem to kick butt or fizzle out. I've considered carrying multiple of these around. Currently, I have one new one and one old that that sucks eggs for AC stuff but still has enough life in it to power DC stuff (camera gear).

Will report back from the dirt when I can.

Don Promillo said:
Fink said:
ianwood said:
I am getting battery envy. Pathetic!

No kidding! I thought having two with one charger, keeping both fully charged and ready to go was enough! :shock:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Do you have the option to fly each day? I am getting time management envy...

For longer than two days of ground duties I'd strongly suggest balancing your battery to around 3.8 Volts per cell.
Battery lifetime dramatically drops when you leave them fully charged or discharged.

Sorry, for maybe dumb questions. I'm waiting for all PH2 and all the add-ons to arrive so I am a real newbie.How is the best way to bring your batteries down to 3.8 volts & where do you read the battery voltage? I ordered two additional batteries to go with the one that comes with the PH2. I assume that you recommend and can purchase OEM battery chargers. I will look on Amazon tonight. That & B & H is where I purchase most of my tech stuff. Believe it or not, I've been the computer repair for 43 years now but this is all new to me and appears to be quite challenging to pull together and assemble all top notch equipment to go with the PH2. I bet I've invested 30 hours on the Internet and I haven't even got one bird in my hand yet. When I get it all working well, I think I'll write a how to, to make it simpler for newbies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20