How long will the P3 be out before you are comfortable buying?

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting one but then I thought of all the problems DJI has seemingly every time they release something new. From firmware to ESCs to battery error it always seems to take time to work bugs out.

I think I will wait a while and just enjoy my plus until I get some positive feedback.

At least that is what I'm telling myself so I don't feel so bad about spending 100 more money on my plus 6 weeks ago

I waited for all of 37 minutes before buying. Having a vision and a vision plus I know issues arise but they are a small percentage for the most part. Every product in production has a percentage of defectives no matter how long in production. Buy one and fly happy 8)

If I had the funds I would order now. Looks a stunning bit of kit.

As above, most things have teething problems at the beginning.

No, they don't.

The Inspire has had a good time to work out bugs in the hardware and software. Most users are now enjoying their machines without issue.
Beta testers have reported that the P3 has run well over the last month of testing.
The P3 is such a huge leap forward in capability that I decided it's worth jumping on for me.

The Inspire has had a good time to work out bugs in the hardware and software. Most users are now enjoying their machines without issue.
Beta testers have reported that the P3 has run well over the last month of testing.
The P3 is such a huge leap forward in capability that I decided it's worth jumping on for me.
I quess that the Inspire have done a lot of beta-testing for the P3.

I preorderd the Phantom2 in 2013 and never had a problem with the first batch. I also had no problems with the P1 before. I would say most stuff is already tested in the Inspire1.

I preorderd the Phantom2 in 2013 and never had a problem with the first batch. I also had no problems with the P1 before. I would say most stuff is already tested in the Inspire1.
Me too, December 2013, and it worked perfectly fine.

I just now ordered the itelite antennas for My P2V+ V3 so I will go even farther and see even more. I now will be able to go as far as the P3 so don't see a need for the P3. My P2V+ V3 seems to do about the same things.

I am going to keep my P2NV..> What I do want to see is if they make the P3- NV so I can hook my go pro up :) I am sure they will... its going to be a matter of when

I am going to keep my P2NV..> What I do want to see is if they make the P3- NV so I can hook my go pro up :) I am sure they will... its going to be a matter of when

I'm hoping they will as I will always prefer a platform with an upgrade able camera but I don't know if it makes sense for them from a business standpoint as Gopro will be a direct competition if it does indeed enter the drone market.

I'll admit that the P3 built in FPV has me jealous. I'm still having trouble getting decent range on my pearl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

I was thinking about getting one but then I thought of all the problems DJI has seemingly every time they release something new. From firmware to ESCs to battery error it always seems to take time to work bugs out.

I think I will wait a while and just enjoy my plus until I get some positive feedback.

At least that is what I'm telling myself so I don't feel so bad about spending 100 more money on my plus 6 weeks ago

I agree with you 100%. Never buy an A model of anything if you can avoid it. Let others feel for the arrows. Besides, there are several other models coming soon that I want to look into. That Mariner (part drone, part submarine)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
has some potential but I would have to look at other new entries before I am going to part with another $1500'ish on another Phantom.

Last edited:
I agree with you 100%. Never buy an A model of anything if you can avoid it. Let others feel for the arrows. Besides, there are several other models coming soon that I want to look into. That Mariner (part drone, part submarine) has some potential but I would have to look at other new entries before I am going to part with another $1500'ish on another Phantom.
The new hubsan looks promising but the technology on the new phantom is intriguing

I'm hoping they will as I will always prefer a platform with an upgrade able camera but I don't know if it makes sense for them from a business standpoint as Gopro will be a direct competition if it does indeed enter the drone market.

I'll admit that the P3 built in FPV has me jealous. I'm still having trouble getting decent range on my pearl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed... P3 with the built in FPV is awfully sweet... I guess we shall see :)

On order as I type, it just looked to good to pass up. Don't know if I will keep my P2V w/Rotorpixel gimbal or not, still pondering, would take a big loss, and it fly's great, never had a problem, or crash in over 200 flights (knock, knock!!)

Given my horrific experience with DJI batteries and their (lack of) warranty - Not until Limefuel starts offering P3 batteries.

And then it depends on if they implement yaw gain adjustment for the controller, since it appears they've made it even more difficult (if not impossible) to use a Futaba.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.