How long should IMU Calibration take?

Reaction score
I've been having big problems relating to flying.

Decided to recalibrate the IMU...

Been in progress for about 15 minutes now... Still on 0%

15 minutes is too long. I never measured calibration time as the slider keeps on moving showing the progress continuously.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

No more than about two minutes.

I done a IMU today it took about 3-4 Minutes.

I never received a confirmation or anything...hmmm. I clicked the back arrow and when I went back onto It it wasn't doing a calibration...

On screen it says that it usually takes approx 5 minutes,,, I calibrated mine yesterday evening...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

15 minutes is too long. I never measured calibration time as the slider keeps on moving showing the progress continuously.

I'm having some trouble with my drone loosing control(no errors on screen) and returning to home shortly after.

The IMU shower 0% for about 10 minutes. I closed the menu and reopened it and the calibration was no longer in progress nor did I get a message saying it was complete.

Think these could be related?

Thanks

Putting your drone in the freezer is not a good idea, I'm not trying to start anything but there's a possibility of condensation inside the drone which could give you problems it's really not recommended,,, but hey I guess it worked for you......

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Had same problem yesterday on brand new p3p. Put it in freezer for 5 minutes then imu calibration went ok!

Freezer is NOT ood idea. Condensation will damage the camera and other internals. It can also throw off your barometric/altimeter readings and give you false heights.
Best is to not fly it for an hour or 2 and leave it in a cool place. I usually do it first thing in the mornings when ambient temps are cooler.
The IMU should be done in a minute or 2.
The best way to do an IMU is to find a levelled place. Then make sure you know the GO app inside out. The moment you turn on the phantom, get to the IMU tab in the GO app and do it IMMEDIATELY. The longer you leave the Phantom idling, the warmer the IMU will be and the longer the calibration will take.

I have practiced this since the Naza days and it has never failed.

Mine said it updated and the progress never moved from 0%

I used to wait for what seemed like forever for the IMU to warm-up - I missed really important shots of our sons wedding because of it so the following day, I cooled it down in the fridge (it runs at 4c) for five mins and then did the IMU calibration. Now its ready to go in 10 seconds or less. Touch wood, I've never had a problem with it since that day.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
No I haven't. I've flown it 3 times since and it is flying great. It did say complete it just didn't show on the percentage bar. The calibration percentage numbers on the IMU screen where what they are suppose to be so I say if it ant broke than don't...............

Reactions: Numone
Hi,

I have an error in yellow saying IMU installising ....... (see attached)
When I put it in the fridge it goes away then comes back every flight, what is wrong with my drone??

Attachments

• 56654B68-FA74-489D-9EBB-F2FB7506ADE8.jpeg
    56654B68-FA74-489D-9EBB-F2FB7506ADE8.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 480

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31