How long have you owned P2V+ without problems?

Reaction score
I read about so many issues with the P2V+V .... I'm looking for good news stories. Specifically how long you have owned A P2V+ V(x) and had no issues with it. Disregarding the odd IMU calibration.

Thanks
Phil

How long one has owned a P2V+ is not a valid variable because everyone is on a different schedule regarding how often they fly. And depending where one lives will be a huge factor -- northern folk not being able to fly much at all during winter months. A better variable would be how many flights they have had with their bird, but not many people keep accurate track of that. One thing is for sure.. they only break when they are in the air, never while on the kitchen table.

I will say this..I absolutely love my P2V+ however I have not flown it since the P3 Pro arrived. The Wifi issues and gimbal problems are a thing of the past. Get what you can out of the older models but the 3 changes a lot of things in my opinion.

Over a year, never crashed...only issue was hair line cracks building underneath the arm of my bird. Easy fix switched out shell, But that is it.

I just purchased a p3 still have my p2v+. Over 2oo flights and still rock solid. I don't think I'll part with it.
I fly it now like I stole it!!

Reactions: SnoozeDoggyDog
I bought my P2V+ v3.0 in March this year. No real problems to speak of. Over 200 flights.
I have a bunch of goofy videos here: youtube.com/sdtag
I got nervous as all hell reading about all these issues until I realized that DJI makes or MADE a lot of these. I heard that when the P2V+ was in full swing they sold 20,000 units a month. I heard that when Amazon places an order, they order 2,000 units at a time. There must be between 250,000 and 500,000 of these flying around world wide. I think the legitimate failure rate must be around 1/10th or 1/100th of 1 percent. This is all hearsay and guessing but it made me feel better about it. I don't fly it like I stole it, but I can hold my own. Until I tried manual mode. OMG! haha user error, it's on my youtube page.

I bought my P2V+ v3.0 in March this year. No problems at all. Over 30 flights.

I bought my P2V+ v3.0 in March this year. No real problems to speak of. Over 200 flights.
I have a bunch of goofy videos here: youtube.com/sdtag
I got nervous as all hell reading about all these issues until I realized that DJI makes or MADE a lot of these. I heard that when the P2V+ was in full swing they sold 20,000 units a month. I heard that when Amazon places an order, they order 2,000 units at a time. There must be between 250,000 and 500,000 of these flying around world wide. I think the legitimate failure rate must be around 1/10th or 1/100th of 1 percent. This is all hearsay and guessing but it made me feel better about it. I don't fly it like I stole it, but I can hold my own. Until I tried manual mode. OMG! haha user error, it's on my youtube page.
People don't generally go on the forums to say they had a few uneventful flights.

I have a version one with over 1000 power cycles. I heat sinked the wifi and fixed all the legitimate issues and have never had it fail me or fly away. I have used it to test all my gimbal repairs for the last 16 months without a failure.

Jeremy

Funny videos...I was browsing them, Could you share how do you post into the picture flight indicators and routes?
It's a program called Dashware. And it's free.
I use DJI Ultimate Flight to create the flight log files. You have to turn it on in the ap. It's a csv file. Then when I get home I copy the csv files and the mp4 files to my pc. Then I use Dashware to import the flight data into the video. There are a bunch of data profiles to chose from, use Flytrex. Then sync it. Then chose from a whole bunch of gauges, and edit them. Then when I am done, render the video.
And if I want to add any titles or music then I use windows movie maker and when I'm done I have to re-render the video all over again. This kind of explains why most of my movies are around 1 to 2 minutes.
It's a lot of fun but very time consuming. I'm better at it now but when I was learning it I probably spent 2 to 3 times the time at the computer compared to flying.
I am actually using it to double check some of my telemetry now. I noticed my compass data jumping around and not displaying longitude sometimes, made me investigate a little bit.

People don't generally go on the forums to say they had a few uneventful flights.
Exactly my point Stevemann! The forums are lopsided with negativity and if you're not careful they can suck you in and drag you down. I believe in positive thinking. Expect the best but plan for the worst.

I'm on my 3rd v+ now, the first one (v2) had massive gps-issues that wasn't possible to fix, and the the 2nd one (v3) died mid air after 4 flights due to a motherboard defect, now I've had my new v3 for a couple of months and it's been working very well. About 11 hrs of flight time and no issues whatsoever, one flight my camera stopped recording so I had to bring it down and power cycle, but thats it. Very impressed.

Wow! Way to hang in there! You have already had 2 failures, thanks for taking one for the team from all the rest of us. My odds are better because of you! Thank you!
I sometimes have a hard time getting the camera feed. Power cycles usually help. I guess that is my one issue.
I swear though, one time when I was putting the top back on I was very careful about plugging in the gps cable, then folding the cable inwards as I lowered the lid. I don't know what the gps cable/plug has to do with the camera but since then I have my camera come on first time every time. Might be a coincidence but it sure seems like it helped.
I saw some of your videos. Man it sure looks cold there. I'm in So Cal. 80's - 90's. (F)

From this March, more than 100 flights, a lot of problems (shell cracks, replaced all motors ESC's v2.0->2.1, invalid battery problems, uneven camera horizon, sudden crash for unknown reason recently: after crash replaced 3 motors, 3 ESC's and shell). Very bad quality IMO, 90% my next drone will be not from dji.

P2V+ v3.0, around 40 flights. The only issue I have is the "MCU Invalid Battery warnings". It warns me to fly carefully but other than 2.1 ESC's. I hot glued the wires on the ESC boards early since DJI had not started putting the silicone on these wires when I got mine.

About 14 mos. too but mine is a non-vision.

6 months - changed the wires, GPS antenna and GPS plug before first flight and NEVER had any issues yet (including crashes, drops or FA - knock on wood). All good w over 100 flights

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic