How high have you flown?

Reaction score
I know most states/provinces have laws about how high you can fly but has anyone really pushed their P3 in an area that's safe to fly high?
I've only topped out at 120 meters (393 feet).

Reactions: AbsPapa
For me, I still top out at 120 meters. I guess I'm not much of a risk taker with regards to the FAA suggestions in the U.S.

It's safe to fly high in Colorado.

i-see-what-you-did-there-futurama-fry-sneaky-sneak-Hk7gda_zps290ac531.jpg

I cheated once............... went to 411ft. Almost turned myself in.

2300ft ----open ocean, off shore, no FAA. Getting up is easy, getting back down before the battery runs out is the fun part.

I should clarify..that was with a P2. My P3 hasn't even taken its maiden flight yet.

Reactions: andy162 and rdm362
I would have thought, at some point, everyone would take them up the limit. I did, but I was beside mountains and made **** sure the whole time there was no other aircraft around. Pretty good view from up there. I work on communication towers, so I've seen the view from 400' without a screen too many times to count.

Reactions: Ahj82 and rdm362
That's crazy high! Lol
It takes a long time to get it down. Don't do it with low battery. High, yes. I went up. Took some video and quickly cam down. It was over my hunting lease. Nice to have the video. It was a very still day and no where near an airport

Using the P3 specs, 8400 ft is your service ceiling.

Ascent is 5 m/s or let's say 16 fps, the Max descent rate is 3 m/s, or let's say 10 fps, and the battery spec flight time is 23 minutes (1380 seconds).
It will take 525 seconds at 16 fps to climb to 8400' and 840 seconds to descent at 10 fps for a total of 1365 seconds, leaving you 15 seconds of reserve.

Your mileage may vary.

im usually between 400 and 750ft for my flights.

Did you use dynamic home point for that? I will be doing some mountain flying tomorrow.

No - just fighting RTH. I think that "feature" has been removed in the latest firmware. It's not that great anyway but I tried it that once just to see if I could get to the top of the mountain. It would be nice if that 500m limit were removable for flights like that. But probably not to be with the DJI app at least.

I'm still on old firmware anyway - not a huge jump-on-it-as-soon-as-it's-released kinda guy. I'll give it a go. Would be nice if it used the Google map elevation data and had an AGL field to use instead of the static home point.

I'm still on old firmware anyway - not a huge jump-on-it-as-soon-as-it's-released kinda guy. I'll give it a go. Would be nice if it used the Google map elevation data and had an AGL field to use instead of the static home point.

There are a couple of apps under development right now I'm aware of that will do just that (as well as implement many other situational awareness features).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers