How high have you flown?

2300 ft.
264a0e2021b05841070f8a2f7facf034.jpg

Did 220 meters once, (in a field) might do more if I get perfect conditions.
My P3 bitches that its near a airport if I set the limit to 500 near my home. (There's a small rural airport 7 km away from my house). No warnings if the limit is at 200, I don't fly in the airport's general direction.
RTH is set to 120 meters when I'm around my house, I never go above it.

This was at 500m near a mountain last week - mountain is to the left. Yes, my wife loves the High contrast HDR stuff. View attachment 23124

That is absolutely stunning. Looks so surreal! I wish I had my P3P on me when I went to Alberta National Park last year. Your profile says you live in Alberta - how far do you have to drive to find scenery like that?

That one is right on the edge of Jasper National park - where the highway disappears is where the park gates are. Only a 15 minute drive for me. I was doing some radio path surveying for these cabins.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435422947.104367.jpg
There is one member here that lives in Jasper.

300 feet max so far. Plenty high for me, and that's enough to lose line-of-sight if you take your eyes off it, which I never, ever want to do again. First time I did that, I paid for it hard and my P3 hasn't been the same.

It's tough flying the p3 far.. Looking at the monitor then looking up to see your bird missing... Until you see it again

I've topped out at 490m (1600 ft) with the P3. No FAA where I live :)

I managed 663m yesterday. No, I'm not proud, it wasn't high enough for the shots I wanted. But, I heard a helicopter so I got down as quickly (and intelligently) as possible. Keep in mind the mountain I was beside was much higher.

Newbie question....if I get to about 700-800 ft or so I get a weak connection....how are you guys getting so high up there?

Newbie question....if I get to about 700-800 ft or so I get a weak connection....how are you guys getting so high up there?
Are you line of sight? Hill, trees, buildings in the way? How are your TX antennas oriented? Is that straight up or away from you a bit?

393 feet for me, one time accidentally lost sight because it was so bright outside and I hit the RTH and I finally seen it, it was at around 600 feet, LOL when I set my RTH altitude I thought it was 200 feet but instead it was 200 meters Duh!! [emoji1]

In my backyard. Absolutely no trees or anything. I never lose line of sight. It always says "weak signal strength" when I get up past 700-800 feet

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20