How high can this dron fly?

You need to be more specific about what you mean. I live at about 4200 feet elevation and like others in the USA we are generally required to remain below 400AGL, or 400 feet above ground level. So, if the place I'm flying is at, say, 4500 feet elevation I'd be required to stay below 400 feet of that elevation or 4900MSL (4900 feet above mean sea level). There are additional problems with compliance of this rule as the ground is not always flat where you fly so it may be the case that flying in one direction would require flying higher than 400 feet above your starting elevation if the direction you fly is uphill.

The DJI Go app or Go 4 app determines that height based on the takeoff location and the elevation as reported in the Go app is in feet or meters above ground level referenced from the takeoff location -- it does not display the elevation in MSL, only AGL. When you download the flight data the app actually records elevation data derived from the GPS system in MSL units as well as AGL units.

The elevation information displayed on the Go app actually comes from a barometric sensor on-board the drone and not from the GPS as GPS isn't precise enough in elevation to use it for close to the ground flying.

The absolute maximum elevation you can fly with a Phantom class drone is probably about 16,000-20,000 feet or 5000-6000m. Higher up the air is thinner and there comes a point where the drone can not get enough lift.

I'm not sure where you're from but most countries have very similar rules -- check with your state ot national aeronautics board to be sure.

Lastly, while watching the video you posted you took off within trees and then climbed up quite a bit -- you really need to be able to see if aircraft or helicopters are near so flying within trees is not a great idea as that limits you line of sight.

Brian

Last edited:
If you are planning on buying a drone and you want high altitude drone, then you have come to the right place. Many people overlook this specification or confuse it with maximum control range. Trust me, they are not the same. Heck, they are not even similar to one another… Well, perhaps they are, a bit… Anyway, in the list down below, you’ll find how high can drones fly plus some of the highest-flying drones currently available on the market. Also, you’ll get answer to frequently asked question: How high can a drone fly? This means that if you have a sexy neighbor living on the 13th floor, most of these bad boys might just sneak a peek through her bedroom window! www.dronesglobe.com/guide/high-altitude/

If you are planning on buying a drone and you want high altitude drone, then you have come to the right place. Many people overlook this specification or confuse it with maximum control range. Trust me, they are not the same. Heck, they are not even similar to one another… Well, perhaps they are, a bit… Anyway, in the list down below, you’ll find how high can drones fly plus some of the highest-flying drones currently available on the market. Also, you’ll get answer to frequently asked question: How high can a drone fly? This means that if you have a sexy neighbor living on the 13th floor, most of these bad boys might just sneak a peek through her bedroom window! www.dronesglobe.com/guide/high-altitude/
Thanks!

Reactions: Deepelnok
How high can this dron fly?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I like to go to hills and mountains and take off from there and get legal super high drone flights. There is a hill near my house that is 800 feet above the base of the hill so I can get views of the city from 1200 feet in the air! I am going to a mountain that is 30 minutes from my house that is 3800 feet tall so I'll be able to fly up 4100 feet! I once flew my phantom 3 standard up 5600 feet in the Cascades, but the wind almost took it away.

Reactions: Fischerinho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.