How good is DJI CARE

Reaction score
Hi. I’ve heard a lot of bad things about it, and so good things. I currently have it on my phantom 4 pro, but don’t trust them. Is it a hassle to get it fixed? Will they fix little things, like a part of the leg that fell off? Also if anyone has experience with other insurance, I’d appreciate hearing how they work. Thank you.

Hi. I’ve heard a lot of bad things about it, and so good things. I currently have it on my phantom 4 pro, but don’t trust them. Is it a hassle to get it fixed? Will they fix little things, like a part of the leg that fell off? Also if anyone has experience with other insurance, I’d appreciate hearing how they work. Thank you.
Myself has never used due to break downs after the 1 year is up,better to order parts and fix yourself,its good hands on experience,,did you lose leg clips..unsure if sold separately but do come with new landing gear set which are quite cheap,I order wrong set while ago lol.if you have trouble finding just the clips ,let me know and I post these for free worldwide,no good to me I not have pro,,

The deal with DJI Care is peace of mind. I purchased it along with my P3S for just that reason. If I crashed into a wall or into a tree, I would be covered. It's a service plan. It's not insurance.

I never used it but have sent my Phantom in for warranty service. I shipped it to DJI on a Monday and it was back to me that Friday. No complaints.

As to so-called "drone insurance" you will hear people boasting about flying recklessly because they have a State Farm personal articles policy. The jist is they can crash and burn and just get a new drone courtesy of State Farm. Maybe. But know small claims like that follow you forever no matter where and what insurance you need. It will affect your rates on other policies as everyone pulls from the same database of claims.

So if you're a bit nervous at first, like I was, it's worth th money. If you make a mistake and something happens, you're covered for up to the value of the drone.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Um mayby I scared him off,another poster that disappears upon reply

Um mayby I scared him off,another poster that disappears upon reply
Hey thanks for the reply. Ok that’s a interesting idea. What if you break the gimbal though? That’s $500, or the mother board? I could send you a pic, it’s just this little thing at the top of the leg, it doesn’t really matter, just annoying.

Hey thanks for the reply. Ok that’s a interesting idea. What if you break the gimbal though? That’s $500, or the mother board? I could send you a pic, it’s just this little thing at the top of the leg, it doesn’t really matter, just annoying.
Yip pictures always good

I looked at it but too many restrictions so I simply insured through State Farm for $60 a year. Covers everything including fly aways.

Agent says will either pay for repairs or replacement. Since I will never send anything back to DJI even under warranty, I'll just order parts from Amazon and fix it myself, or send it to another shop. I've not had to use the insurance yet and its up for renewal now so I'll add my goggles also. I think they insure most anything for $60 a year as long as it meets their list of approved items.

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

We have heard good things about DJI Care, sending it back for repairs and replacements for DJI Refresh. Their telephone customer service on the other hand.... let's just say try to deal with them strictly by electronic messages/ shipping products.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers