How far do you fly?

Reaction score
Hello all, today I was flying my p1 and it went out of sight but luckily when I lowered its altitude it reappeared and I was able to make a safe landing. This makes me pose the question: how high do you fly without an fpv system?

I don't go crazy high, we're not supposed to go over 400 feet here in the US. Don't know where you are, but if you wanted you could add your location in your profile.

My problem is loosing it by going too far away. I've set the "Max Radius" limit to 400 Meters in the NAZA assistant. That way I won't be searching for days if something goes wrong. :D

I can't get past 860ft (262m) no matter how hard I try :-(. No limits set, open ground in the middle of farmland. P2V+V3 controller set to FCC

I can't get past 860ft (262m) no matter how hard I try :-(. No limits set, open ground in the middle of farmland. P2V+V3 controller set to FCC

EDIT: I understand you do not use the NAZA assistant, I think you use "P2 assistant software". I will leave my original post below for those who are not flying the P2.

Really?
You say "No limits set", does that mean in the NAZA assistant software, at the "Advanced" tab, then the "Limits" tab?
You might want to go look there at your "Max Height" and "Max Radius" numbers. If there is nothing there, maybe you should put something.

Something isn't right. What happens when you get to 860 feet? Does it look like it's run into a soft wall, or does it execute RTH?

Last edited:
I've set the "Max Radius" limit to 400 Meters in the NAZA assistant. That way I won't be searching for days if something goes wrong. :D

IflyinWY, What if the "something" that goes wrong is NAZA Max Radius limiter?

SnoozeDoggyDog, I had the same issue. Definitely not the most technical answer, but I think I had a faulty wifi module that was putting out 25% which translates to about 275m.

Reactions: IflyinWY
IflyinWY, What if the "something" that goes wrong is NAZA Max Radius limiter?

SnoozeDoggyDog, I had the same issue. Definitely not the most technical answer, but I think I had a faulty wifi module that was putting out 25% which translates to about 275m.

Thought never crossed my mind. Good point.

Really?
You say "No limits set", does that mean in the NAZA assistant software, at the "Advanced" tab, then the "Limits" tab?
You might want to go look there at your "Max Height" and "Max Radius" numbers. If there is nothing there, maybe you should put something.

Something isn't right. What happens when you get to 860 feet? Does it look like it's run into a soft wall, or does it execute RTH?
Sorry I didn't quite explain myself. I have limits set but they are way beyond what I can reach. Height limit is 300m and horizontal to 400m

Yes, when I hit my maximum distances the Phantom hits a soft wall, no RTH. I thought the Phantom was automatically limited to 500ft vertical in the UK so didn't give it anymore thought. But horizontal I can't breach 860ft

Sorry I didn't quite explain myself. I have limits set but they are way beyond what I can reach. Height limit is 300m and horizontal to 400m

Yes, when I hit my maximum distances the Phantom hits a soft wall, no RTH. I thought the Phantom was automatically limited to 500ft vertical in the UK so didn't give it anymore thought. But horizontal I can't breach 860ft

Yea, I'm stumped.
More info at the onset will get you better answers sooner.
You may want to post your issue in the P2V+ forum.

My signature has a helpful link on how to make good posts, it's the forumnetiquitte link. Not saying your post is bad, just saying.

Good luck. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic