How does the iPad mini 2 work with the Pilot App?

Reaction score
I was wondering if the iPad mini 2 works with the Pilot App as it is out of the box? Is it a recommended device? Where can you find the list of recommenced devices? (Just learning slowly here)

Thanks,
Aaron

I was wondering if the iPad mini 2 works with the Pilot App as it is out of the box? Is it a recommended device? Where can you find the list of recommenced devices? (Just learning slowly here)

Thanks,
Aaron
I've been using the IPad Mini 2 with the P3 for the past ten days. Near perfect! With the one exception (as I suspect will be the case with any phone/tablet) of glare from the sun. Get yourself, or make yourself, a sunshade to cover the IPad screen. Incidentally, some folks have reported problems using larger tablets concerning wobble with the mounting bracket. From looking at the construction of the bracket, the IPad Mini is probably the LARGEST device you want to use unless you are willing to replace the mounting bracket with the one made for the Inspire 1 (about $50 US).

Reactions: PhotoGuyAaron
I've been using the IPad Mini 2 with the P3 for the past ten days. Near perfect! With the one exception (as I suspect will be the case with any phone/tablet) of glare from the sun. Get yourself, or make yourself, a sunshade to cover the IPad screen. Incidentally, some folks have reported problems using larger tablets concerning wobble with the mounting bracket. From looking at the construction of the bracket, the IPad Mini is probably the LARGEST device you want to use unless you are willing to replace the mounting bracket with the one made for the Inspire 1 (about $50 US).

Thank you very much! This is just what I needed to hear. Did the app load and open without any tricks (some older devices you need to do a work around). I plan on making a sun shade for sure. Cheers!

...Where can you find the list of recommenced devices?
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-pilot/id943780750
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-pilot/id943780750

Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.
This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

I use an iPad mini 2 as well and haven't had a single problem. Though people have stated that it crashes when it over heats. So to make sure of that not happening is to not have it in a case and no apps running in the backround.

Have you got a link to the device for the Inspire? Is it a DJI device or an add on? My general results with the iPad Air are exactly the same as you describe. It wobbles around and the sun glare makes it useless to me. I bought a folding shade for the iPad Air but it really doesn't help much with the glare. Have you tried any of these paste on glare shield products? I also read somewhere about people using "polarized" sunglasses to clear up the screen in the sun. The smaller mini might be better but I still prefer the old Dominator goggles that I use on on my P1.5 . So I am trying to find something that will convert the video from the usb port to the analog input of the goggles. Supposedly we are going to see a hdmi modification to the P3Pro that mimics the Inspire output. But that presents another problem. I just can't justify the $$$$ for hdmi glasses...
What's mother to do????

Have you got a link to the device for the Inspire? Is it a DJI device or an add on? My general results with the iPad Air are exactly the same as you describe. It wobbles around and the sun glare makes it useless to me. I bought a folding shade for the iPad Air but it really doesn't help much with the glare. Have you tried any of these paste on glare shield products? I also read somewhere about people using "polarized" sunglasses to clear up the screen in the sun. The smaller mini might be better but I still prefer the old Dominator goggles that I use on on my P1.5 . So I am trying to find something that will convert the video from the usb port to the analog input of the goggles. Supposedly we are going to see a hdmi modification to the P3Pro that mimics the Inspire output. But that presents another problem. I just can't justify the $$$$ for hdmi glasses...
What's mother to do????
Sorry about that but I found the device you mentioned on the Inspire page. I really don't see any difference in that and the one that came on my P3Pro. To get any stability with the iPad air , you have to make sure you use a set of pliers to tightened the thumb screw.

Kent

From looking at the construction of the bracket, the IPad Mini is probably the LARGEST device you want to use unless you are willing to replace the mounting bracket with the one made for the Inspire 1 (about $50 US).
I am using the iPad air 2 with the stock,non-modified holder and other than having to give the mount a good snug down with a pair of pliers it hasn't given me any problems. Granted I would try to throw it around or run with it attached but it works just fine as is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20