How do I start and stop recording video while using intelligent flight mode?

Reaction score
Hi folks. Noob here. I have a new P3S and I'm trying to figure out how to start and stop video recording while using intelligent flight modes. While the intelligent flight mode is running, the on-screen record button is covered by the popup and I can't figure out how to start or stop recording video.

As a workaround, I just start recording before entering intelligent flight modes but it seems ridiculous to have to record the entire time I'm setting up waypoints before the AC actually starts it's run. Am I missing something here? I've done a search and can't seem to find the answer.

Bottom of the popup has a Hide link. Click that and the IOC panel becomes an icon next to the video control.
Upgrade to advance or pro and you'll have a dedicated button for video or stills. ;)
Does either of the C buttons offer any useful options? Or does S even have C buttons?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: hidefdiver
Thanks so much for your reply. I'll have to try this out later today if I have a chance to fly. This has been driving me crazy. And to answer your question, no the S controller doesn't have any additional buttons other than the power switch, S1 and S2 switches which control flight mode and RTH.

Yep. As I suspected...I'm an idiot. The word "HIDE" is right there in the bottom right hand corner of the popup while it's running the mission. Thanks again for the help. This forum has been invaluable for information and tips.

Yep. As I suspected...I'm an idiot. The word "HIDE" is right there in the bottom right hand corner of the popup while it's running the mission. Thanks again for the help. This forum has been invaluable for information and tips.
It's easy to miss, especially with it being small print and being outdoors screen isn't the clearest.
Once you hide it, it becomes a button next to the camera control panel.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj