How do I fix a Gimbal Disconnected error?

Reaction score
As the name says, I'm relatively new to drones. I bought a used Phantom 3 4K from a fellow in town to practice with as a hobbyist while I study for my license, but I have a Gimbal Disconnected error every time I open the app and cannot even launch it.

Long story short: I met up with the seller to purchase, and he flew the drone around the parking lot to show that it functions correctly, which it did. He boxed it up, I paid him, and I went home to test it.

Once home, I downloaded the DJI GO app to my phone, updated the remote control firmware, and connected! ...to the remote control. I thought it was a success, but the app tells me the drone isn't connected. I can enter camera view mode, but there is no picture, and the overall status menu gives me the stats on the controller, but says Gimbal Disconnected in red letters.

I've scoured forums looking for an answer, but none availeth; does anyone here have any familiarity with my situation? I would appreciate any and all help, and thanks for your time!

When you updated your RC-Firmware, rebind your controller with the aircraft. Look for some tutorials in youtube.

Thanks for the input, Bordo. I've tried to reconnect the controller to the bird if that's what you mean, but it times out every time.

Did you pressed the button on aircraft while controller is in binding-mode? The button is underneath on aircraft and the led of that button should be red.

Yes, it will turn green for a split second and then go back to red. I can control the bird manually without the app, but I can't get the app to connect. I was able to record a few moments of footage and it looks corrupted. The image is saturated really red and purple bands go in and out through it. It also flickers like getting interference on an tv with rabbit ears if that clears anything up.

At this point, I am assuming the gimbal is broken somewhere, and I don't trust my fingers not to break it worse. Time to sell back and buy another. :/

Did he show you that the video feed connection is working? I mean did he show you the camera feed on the app? If not maybe the seller knew that the gimbal/camera is not working.

That probably was the case; he pulled out his phone and connected via wi-fi, but I didn't double check to see if video feed was live or not. I just assumed it was. This one's on me...I will do my due diligence next time. Thanks again for your time, Bordo.

Chased this one down for several hours ... New P3A .. never flown ... didn't notice small foam block that was used to hold the gimbal steady during shipping ... "Gimbal Disconnected" error, and "Aircraft Disconnected" ... about to give up and found a blog where they suggested "Relinking" the RC and Drone ... that did the trick .. somehow the factory linking didn't work ... Took care of both the gimbal disconnected and aircraft disconnected errors and flew fine!!

As the name says, I'm relatively new to drones. I bought a used Phantom 3 4K from a fellow in town to practice with as a hobbyist while I study for my license, but I have a Gimbal Disconnected error every time I open the app and cannot even launch it.

Long story short: I met up with the seller to purchase, and he flew the drone around the parking lot to show that it functions correctly, which it did. He boxed it up, I paid him, and I went home to test it.

Once home, I downloaded the DJI GO app to my phone, updated the remote control firmware, and connected! ...to the remote control. I thought it was a success, but the app tells me the drone isn't connected. I can enter camera view mode, but there is no picture, and the overall status menu gives me the stats on the controller, but says Gimbal Disconnected in red letters.

I've scoured forums looking for an answer, but none availeth; does anyone here have any familiarity with my situation? I would appreciate any and all help, and thanks for your time!
I had the same problem - went to the DJI website to find out how to link the remote controller. Followed the instructions and it fixed the problem. You will need a sharp object (i.e. paper clip opened up) in order to push the "link" button on the side of the copter after you start the "linking RC" button on your mobile device (that is connected to your remote). Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4