How do I change quality

Reaction score
Hi when I take videos with my p3p I see that the quality when I watch it on my I pad is a little blurry

So how can I change the quality to make it look better as well as how can I look at my pictures that I took with the drone bc it says connect to drone to get photos?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi when I take videos with my p3p I see that the quality when I watch it on my I pad is a little blurry
So how can I change the quality to make it look better as well as how can I look at my pictures that I took with the drone bc it says connect to drone to get photos?
Where did you get the video files from?
The full resolution video is stored on the SD card.
If you look at cached video from the app, that is much lower quality.

To get your videos and stills you need to pull the SD card, put it in an adapter and copy to your computer.
Don't bother trying to use a cable to connect the Phantom.
That is much slower and more complicated.

I never take my SD card out.I don't want to pull it in and out so I do plug into the craft then computer and cut the files into a folder.It only takes 90 secs or so and it's done.I guess I'm scared of messing up the card by repeatedly pulling it in and out over time but that's just the way I personally do it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks but is that what causes my pics to be bad bc I see photos online and there gorgeous so is that what I need to do take the ad card out

I don't notice any quality difference from plugging into craft as opposed to using a card reader . It's the same source.But that's just the way I do it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't notice any quality difference from plugging into craft as opposed to using a card reader . It's the same source.But that's just the way I do it.

the files are the same no matter how you xfer them.

the sd to pc via a card reader is just much faster for larger files
and to me most important.
Don't need to power up the phantom to transfer.

Transfer DJI Phantom Footage to Computer

good luck and have fun flying

Reactions: Brett Meyer
I'm worried that pulling the card in out might damage those "little copper strips" over time.I only have 32 gb card and even after multiple flights,I never fill it up .But I also live in Iowa,not much to fill your card up.

I'm worried that pulling the card in out might damage those "little copper strips" over time.I only have 32 gb card and even after multiple flights,I never fill it up .But I also live in Iowa,not much to fill your card up.

that's one issue I can say I have not seen in a couple years of forums

every now and then a bad sd slot or such

I take mine in and out each landing
never been an issue and my current p3p is exactly a year old....

I am more concerned with heat on gimbal when sitting and powered up!

good luck and have fun flying

U guys prefer any editing soft ware because when I look at it it's kind uh bleh

For photos:

Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Lightroom, GIMP (free). Adjust your levels and saturation (gently). Curves will work too but it's a bit more difficult to understand for someone who's not used to editing.

For video, I use Premiere Pro and After Effects. There is also Premiere Elements (a watered down version of Premiere Pro). Sony Vegas is good. Power Director is ok for minor edits (my opinion). Lightworks is ok (and may still be free).

Last edited:
Reactions: Brett Meyer
I use pinnacle studio 2016. Does a great job.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pharm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94