How do feel about being a spy for the Chinese government?

The story is about Chinese people only, this does not affect the rest of the world (yet). The Chinese probably don't think twice about this as every aspect of their lives is controlled by the government.

I've been working and living in China for a couple of years now. I have more freedom than I did in Australia. I can assure you the people lives are not totally controlled by the government. This is typical US propaganda in an attempt to brainwash their citizens. Unfortunately there are stupid people that believe this nonsense.

In saying all that the Chinese government has just informed the people that drones will be shot down if they are flying too close to restricted areas as well as government buildings.

I enjoy flying my Phantom 3 here and have never had any issues or warnings. I cannot say that when flying in Australia where I have been told to not fly by the local constabulary.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Even with DJI's sales numbers, the amount of data that could be collected from every Phantom/Inspire/S900 surely pales to what could be collected by other, simpler means. There's certainly no point in using the aerial imagery when Google Earth exists. That doesn't mean it isn't a bad idea, just that it seems unlikely to be used for anything more nefarious than "so-and-so flys outside Boston a lot, let's sell that data to advertisers that target Sox fans."

Most people are oblivious to the fact that over time companies such as DJI (or Google or fill in the blank) stand to make more money on your identity and the information that goes with it than the product you thought you were purchasing in the first place. Few take into account that you really never own the product, you're renting it because the control the producer has over its technology can render it unusable whenever they choose.

I'm amazed at how cheaply we sell ourselves out. Maybe we should all start waking up and at least take a cut for ourselves.

-- zigs
But " they" never do, when is the last time any, name one, manufacturer has "shut off" connection, or "turned off" appliances because they wanted to sell more of something? It would completely erode the sales of any company from the second it occurred. So, yeah can my Challenger be electronically "leashed" and controlled by wireless? Most likely, could Dodge "do" that and survive? Definitely not, you point is mute

I've been working and living in China for a couple of years now. I have more freedom than I did in Australia. I can assure you the people lives are not totally controlled by the government. This is typical US propaganda in an attempt to brainwash their citizens. Unfortunately there are stupid people that believe this nonsense.

In saying all that the Chinese government has just informed the people that drones will be shot down if they are flying too close to restricted areas as well as government buildings.

I enjoy flying my Phantom 3 here and have never had any issues or warnings. I cannot say that when flying in Australia where I have been told to not fly by the local constabulary.

I am not so sure about more freedom then Australia when you consider China block out such service as cnn. Facebook. Twitter. Google Mail/YouTube etc.
also consider forum that they use is constantly monitor and censor.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik