How can I benefit from drones in fields of home security?

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a software engineering student albeit I have no experience on drones. I was pondering about my detached house's security and I have come up with an idea.

I am thinking of a drone that:
Stores energy at daytimes by a solar panel.
If that energy is insufficient, generates electricity by its rotors.
Flies around the garden and 1) approaches the target 2) turns the flash lights on 3) send notification to my mobile phone if it senses a change a) visually b) aurally. (using TensorFlow)

I have watched several videos about drones for surveillance and tracking; however, I do not know how to get started. Is there someone that wants to guide me?

Best regards.

I am thinking of a drone that:
Stores energy at daytimes by a solar panel.
If that energy is insufficient, generates electricity by its rotors.
Flies around the garden and 1) approaches the target 2) turns the flash lights on 3) send notification to my mobile phone if it senses a change a) visually b) aurally. (using TensorFlow)
There are a lot of physical limitations to what drones can do.
Your concept would run into several problems, here are a couple to get you started:
Flight time - typical drones only get 20+ minutes out of a fully charged battery
Flying in the dark and obstacles - obstacle avoidance won't work - what about buildings, trees, wires etc?
The drone won't be able to sense any sounds because it's own motors and props are quite noisy (which would also create a nuisance problem).

Interesting project.
From a practical perspective, in a domestic setting conventional CCTV and IR sensors are normally more than adequate.
From a project perspective (maybe also to make your first million!) , having some sort of trigger to an unauthorised entry point then remotely sending an autonomous IR equipped drone to find, film and stream the intruder should be within the capabilities of a software engineer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20