How about a $4999 Phantom 4

Yup, Already been reported for wrong description (by myself and others)... it's a standard P4... and the price yesterday was $1300.... I think they just jacked the price so no one would order it...

Sometimes if a seller is out of a product, rather than remove the listing, they increase the price 10 fold knowing nobody will buy. This saves the ad for later when they have stock and then they bring the price back down. I've seen this done on eBay too - for all sorts of things - sports tickets for example.

Reactions: NoTech64
Sometimes if a seller is out of a product, rather than remove the listing, they increase the price 10 fold knowing nobody will buy. This saves the ad for later when they have stock and then they bring the price back down. I've seen this done on eBay too - for all sorts of things - sports tickets for example.

That does not make any sense at all -- if you're going to edit the ad to raise the price why not just say "OUT OF STOCK". Also, when potential customers see ads with ridiculously high prices are they more or less inclined to buy from them in the future?

It's brain dead to do as you suggest!

Brian

Reactions: Phantomix
What he said...

I order a crap ton from Amazon and have never seen this before, never!

But, on the chance that you guys are right and this is common practice I have to repeat my questioning of why they would do this. Again, they could edit the ad to say something like "Temporarily out of stock" or "Awaiting new stock" or a bunch of other things that would indicate to a potential customer that they were not able to ship anything at the current time. But, more to the point, why would you have an ad in your name that a potential customer might see and be horrified at price gouging. The average person seeing that ad would not order and would mentally note that they will never buy anything from that outfit in the future.

So, for the folks calling this normal how do address the average person seeing the ad and being turned off by the company that placed it? How would you expect that customer to feel about the company? Why would a company take a risk that someone like me would see it and say -- nope, never going to buy anything from that company? How is it better to disgust a potential customer rather than proviing more accurate status. I mean, they had to edit the ad anyway to change the price.

Brian

I've seen it many times... but more so on eBay

So, in all these "many" listings with hugely inflated prices has anyone actually ordered it at that price and if so, were they charged that price for it? Me thinks the whole 'holding the ad' thing is just a cover for actually listing the price at a point so high they have some cover -- hey, you can't think we meant that price do you? Meanwhile, the brain dead types that actually ordered wind up getting the merchandise at the hugely inflated price. The retailer gets a crazy high margin AND they can claim it was just an 'accounting error'.

Bad idea is bad!

Bottom line is Zitamotor will NEVER get any money from me!

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31