Hot weather phantom in car

I'm not 100% sure but my concern (and the reason I don't) is the batteries in the extreme heat of an enclosed car

LiPo do NOT like extreme temps (especially heat). As sar104 suggested we keep them in a cooler but we take it a step further and keep them inside the building with us. Once they get hot they STAY hot a very long time.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I agree about the batteries. Living in Arizona where the summer day time temperatures can easy reach 110 degrees I'd never leave my P3 in the car. I'd be too afraid it would warp.

There is no problem flying in the heat. I flew in 110 degrees,no problem. I don't fly the whole battery time, I cut it short because I feel ßorry for it.

It would be nice if dji would display the batteries temp in GO (main screen), the data is there and I think it would be a asset to have it in real time.

Last edited:
Hot weather, no problem.i fly it when it is 110° . The trunk will be to hot for your battery depending on how long thier in there.

It would be nice if dji would display the batteries temp in GO, the data is there and I think it would be a asset to have it in real time.

The go app does display battery temperature, tap the battery icon. This has been a bit of a concern for me since I have seen temps up to 58 degrees C by end of flight. I live in Florida and have avoided some daytime flights on hot sunny days. Aside from that I don't charge them until they are room temperature. Also, the ventilation fans are working.

The go app does display battery temperature, tap the battery icon. This has been a bit of a concern for me since I have seen temps up to 58 degrees C by end of flight. I live in Florida and have avoided some daytime flights on hot sunny days. Aside from that I don't charge them until they are room temperature. Also, the ventilation fans are working.
I just wished it was on the main screen and not having to dig it out in go.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik