Hot Evening Storm In MS

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Been over 105 heat index all week here with a few evening heat storms but saw some color before it got dark . Went up and just panned around .
Nothing great just showing ya .

Been over 105 heat index all week here with a few evening heat storms but saw some color before it got dark . Went up and just panned around .
Nothing great just showing ya .
OK I reply,,that was great,so many different clould covers and colours going on there
I enjoyed it :)..that set the bar high

What gets me is, why are the clouds are always so blueish green when they look so grey and black to the eye. I have a heck of a time trying to get them to look more natural.

What gets me is, why are the clouds are always so blueish green when they look so grey and black to the eye. I have a heck of a time trying to get them to look more natural.
White balance can make them look unnatural. Also, different color profiles will do different things. Try shooting in D-LOG and then color grade to your own liking.

That was shot in auto and just ran through iMovie and I inhanced it. It’s not normally that colorful here.

OK I reply,,that was great,so many different clould covers and colours going on there
I enjoyed it :)..that set the bar high
Thanks ian. Even a blind frog catch’s a fly once and again . ;)

Blue green color in a Tornado Alley supercell is indicative of hail in the clouds waiting to fall, break windshields, and dent car roofs and hoods.

Really cool....reminds of those ominous skies in Independence Day.

Do you pack a Gator Cannon around there?

Reactions: dirkclod
@dirkclod, yeah ian said it right. I'm on the hunt for something similar now! You should be getting some pretty good storms in the next few days, and they say it'll push far enough north to maybe give me some decent footage. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't crash the new drone before then! (Don't have the old one fixed yet...) Nice footage!

Yeah they getting it south of us and say we will get a little
but here you never know. The weather men are good here telling us what we had the next day.
Thanks.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Yeah they getting it south of us and say we will get a little
but here you never know. The weather men are good here telling us what we had the next day.
Thanks.
Yeah, I'd love to have a job where you're wrong more often than right, and they still pay you... !

This evening we didn't have as much color but did another anyway. Been so hot to fly I just had to get up.
Been watching those guys do those pull-backs and thought I would give it a shot while I was up to finish the battery. I have no clue how they can do that as I wasn't even close to the tree's but had that funny taste in my month. Isn't in focus good but is what it is and will not be trying that no more .:oops:
Maybe tomorrow it will be better clouds than this evening .

Reactions: Macam
Geez...Made ME nervous just watching it. You got a bigger sac than me. Like the cloud footage though!
The videos I have been watching where they go back and through stuff get me. I can't see that far nor am I going to just risk 1500 bucks trying..

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I agree, and mine are a third the cost of yours! I can't risk the beatin I'll have to take if I crash doing something like that. Bad enough when I do it just working.

@dirkclod, yeah ian said it right. I'm on the hunt for something similar now! You should be getting some pretty good storms in the next few days, and they say it'll push far enough north to maybe give me some decent footage. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't crash the new drone before then! (Don't have the old one fixed yet...) Nice footage!

You might want to consider getting a Phantom 4 Wet Suit before making those storm attempts"

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain. !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1