Horizons tilted

Reaction score
Hi -

Pardon my noob question, but when in flight the horizons are very hard to get level with my phantom. I'm assuming its because to of the props are scratched and therefore unbalanced, and its not an issue with the camera, right?
Is there a prop balancer that works with the Vision?

Here is a vid from yesterday, at around 200ft of altitude with 4-5mph winds on ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqfV-HByrD4

Do you see it tilting when flying close to the ground?

Looks like your phantom was fighting the wind to maintain its gps position to me.

Looks like the Phantom is flying in GPS mode and being buffeted by winds and trying to hold its position. If you haven't already, upgrade the firmware and turn on the advanced flying features in the software. You then should be able to toggle back and forth between GPS mode and ATT mode. ATT mode will really smooth out your shots because the Phantom isn't trying to do a hundred corrections a second to maintain position in GPS mode.

Thanks for the quick replies.

It was flying in GPS mode.
I had not updated any firmware yet, but will do so now before the next flight. Thanks again

LeoS said:
Do you see it tilting when flying close to the ground?

Looks like your phantom was fighting the wind to maintain its gps position to me.

+1. If everything is calibrated correctly and you fly outdoors in GPS mode your unit will try to please you and hold a position above ground, constantly fighting wind. I see on a windy day my horizon might be off at a 10-15 degree angle.

I bet if I were to take a properly calibrated unit to a sheltered area that is not subject to any wind it would even out.

Agree with all above - it's doing its job and holding station in the wind. Winds aloft can be a lot stronger than on the ground - we're pretty sheltered down here by buildings, trees, hills, etc. Once you get up only 100ft or so the wind has a clear run and is going to be at least 50% stronger again sometimes, maybe more.

Pull_Up said:
Agree with all above - it's doing its job and holding station in the wind. Winds aloft can be a lot stronger than on the ground - we're pretty sheltered down here by buildings, trees, hills, etc. Once you get up only 100ft or so the wind has a clear run and is going to be at least 50% stronger again sometimes, maybe more.

Even in a flat, open area, wind speed near the ground is lower due to surface friction.

-- Roger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav