Horizon not straight

Reaction score
I see a lot of video's online with the horizon a few degrees of perfectly horizontal.
Is that a bug in the current firmware, because some users reported that calibrate gimbal not solve the issue?
Anyone else with this problem and tips how to solve it?

I get my P3 Pro in a few days and I'm hoping that I don't get this issue...

Mine is off by a few degrees and I have to manually adjust it every time I power on. Here is the suggestion I'm going to try today.

"What we found is as follows; when you calibrate your IMU, you have to do it on the most level surface possible. If you perform this operation on a surface that is a couple degrees off the gimbal will calibrate to that off positioning. Get yourself a level and make a surface such as a small table and make it as perfect as you can. Then initiate the IMU calibration. Then on the same surface calibrate the gimbal. We found this to be a major stop gap measure to the issue of gimbal to drone positioning in the whole calibration process."

Apparition stated, "the left leg of the person who sets them up at the factory is longer than their right leg."

Thanks for your fast response. Hopefully that solution will work. Please keep us posted!

Mine is off by a few degrees and I have to manually adjust it every time I power on. Here is the suggestion I'm going to try today.

"What we found is as follows; when you calibrate your IMU, you have to do it on the most level surface possible. If you perform this operation on a surface that is a couple degrees off the gimbal will calibrate to that off positioning. Get yourself a level and make a surface such as a small table and make it as perfect as you can. Then initiate the IMU calibration. Then on the same surface calibrate the gimbal. We found this to be a major stop gap measure to the issue of gimbal to drone positioning in the whole calibration process."

Apparition stated, "the left leg of the person who sets them up at the factory is longer than their right leg."

I will try that at some point this week too. I hate to have to readjust the gimbal before every flight. Keep us posted please.

When I first connected mine, the gimbal adjustment widget was on the screen all the time until i canceled it.

It appears to be spot on and looking back at my first video I am happy with it.

Please keep us informed when someone try the solution posted above. :D
I hate it to adjust the video later in postprocessing on that point and with that pricetag the Phantom shouldn't have that issue.

Hmm sounds like the gimbal adjustment isn't permanent :(...

....and isn't it a bit dangerous to calibrate the IMU on a non level surface?

Watch this video, it will help.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From Tahoe Ed
"These craft get jostled around in transit. I always do an IMU calibration before I fly a new model. I do not recommend that it be done on an unlevel surface."

From Tahoe Ed
"These craft get jostled around in transit. I always do an IMU calibration before I fly a new model. I do not recommend that it be done on an unlevel surface."

Yea on the most level surface possible like gfredrone says.

I posted on your other thread before about this thread with gimbal issues but then spotted you found it so deleted it. In case you were wondering where my comment had gone. LOL

hmm okay, and how can you measure if the surface is level? or is it not so critical?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic