Horizon FPV Antennas

Guys , seeing the difficulty of modding the UAV for some of you guys and the possibility of trashing stuff, i'll do a short video showing how to 'splice in' the to the existing miniature coax cable the easy way.
we could also supply a Blind end RP-SMA connector for this purpose.
I'll post a link when its up.
it will be in the FPVtests channel see https://www.youtube.com/user/FPVtests
Will

Would any of you have any pictures of these Antennas?

Tanx...

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Which ones, slinger?

If it's the Horizon ones then they are up on their website, or you can see them "in situ" on the video I did yesterday (link to the channel from any of the ones below).

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... -2-vision/

Hence my confusion. I didn't see a link to it on your signature... Run outta room? :D

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Apparently I'm only allowed 5 urls in a signature! I try to keep the sig for vids more generally helpful to newcomers... How come you haven't subscribed yet, hmmm? Then you'd have seen all about my antenna adventures... ;)

I didn't realize you had so many out there... :) Would you mind if I linked to them from Droneslinger.com?

I'm assuming you used velcro of some sort to hold the new antenna to the range extender? Does it easily come apart to be able to fit the TX back in the case? Nice results for an hours work. :D

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
I used the 3M Command picture hanging strips I had left over from fitting the Flytrex. Easy off, but keeps the antenna stuck fast when it should be.

Link away!

Tanx! :D

I love those strips, they have a lot of gripping power and keep both parts cleanly aligned much better than standard velcro. The kit you installed was the 99 quid version?

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Half of it, ground end only. I'm going to wait until final arrives to see what mounting options there are for the aircraft end. You can buy the antennas separately if required.
Hi Simon
Seen and subscribed to u on you tube like the look of the mod
I too have only been getting 1000 feet max and going home appears
How do I know if it video or tx loss that's sending the vision home ?

Thanks for the video and review Pull_Up. I ordered the same kit from Horizon. Will try the ground end first like you did. Bought the PV2 antenna's also. From past hobbies I learned I will always want more so I got the super kit. lol.

Yes, well I've got a Rotorpixel gimbal on the way so wanted to wait until that arrives so I can see how antennas can best be placed and if the gimbal motor next to one of the camera antennas affects the video performance much. If I get a solid 1500ft of both control and wifi then I may not fit the aircraft antennas at all, to be honest. They'll either sit in the slowly growing "parts bin" or they'll be sold on. :)

Pull_Up said:
Yes, well I've got a Rotorpixel gimbal on the way so wanted to wait until that arrives so I can see how antennas can best be placed and if the gimbal motor next to one of the camera antennas affects the video performance much. If I get a solid 1500ft of both control and wifi then I may not fit the aircraft antennas at all, to be honest. They'll either sit in the slowly growing "parts bin" or they'll be sold on. :)

Hi there , the antenna when fitted to the UAV will give better close in signal around objects as the reflections will be reduced and multipath signals this causes.

will

Pull_Up said:

Modding the P2V camera antennas does give a decent range increase. And in my opinion it will be especially necessary for anyone embarking on adding any of the 2axis gimbals available as they block one of the antennas. I have an easy mod method for upgrading without stripping the whole camera apart. You can check the video out here discussing it. Take note of the of the captions as I corrected a couple of things. And there's a parts list in description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1_nVHSkSdo

BenDronePilot said:
Pull_Up said:

Modding the P2V camera antennas does give a decent range increase. And in my opinion it will be especially necessary for anyone embarking on adding any of the 2axis gimbals available as they block one of the antennas. I have an easy mod method for upgrading without stripping the whole camera apart. You can check the video out here discussing it. Take note of the of the captions as I corrected a couple of things. And there's a parts list in description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1_nVHSkSdo

Just got my 2 special u.fl male/female pigtails today, to avoid stripping the camera apart! Now only the pinwheel antenna missing (although it's already coming my way!!!)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.