Horizon FPV Antennas

I have test the antennas that I order it from http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... -end-only/

First I got 1100 meters when the phantom facing me then The signal begome loss
But when I turn the phantom on the side I got more than 1600 meters with stock P2V

I used 640✖️480 15fps quallity

*******Important Note*******

I connect the extender range with other battery to keep the extender full charge during flight

You can check the image below

http://alfaris.net/up/89/alfaris_net_1397743030.jpg

Attachments

• phantom 12121.jpg
    phantom 12121.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 691
Hi

I have tested the antennas again today that I order it from http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... -end-only/

First I got 1300 meters when the phantom facing me then The signal begome loss
But when I turn the phantom on the side I got more than 2200 meters with stock P2V

I used 640✖️480 15fps quallity

*******Important Note*******

If you want good results connect the extender range with other back battery to keep the extender full charge during flight

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 721
  • image (2).png
    image (2).png
    264.4 KB · Views: 720
  • image (3).png
    image (3).png
    237.8 KB · Views: 665
This my RC with back battery

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 644
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 699
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 654
714Aberdeen wrote:
This my RC with back battery

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice setup.

What range do you get FPV ?

Geert.

Hi
Geert
I got more than 2200 meters you with this kit
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... -end-only/
I uploaded some images in my previous post.
My P2v stock
Just I upgrade the range extender with back battery to keep
The range extender all the time full charge during the flight
Its very important to get best resualt

yes

very important to use back battery
I always connect it my the range extender during the flight
I test it many times

you should fly the phantom on side way to get good result also depend on your altitude

I used this Battery type,

Attachments

• Battery.JPG
    Battery.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 614
After a number of expirments with other Antennas
I can say the best Antennas or kit that I tried is Horizon fpv Antennas

I dont think that the other antennas are better than Horizon fpv antennas

The expirment that I tried today I used Amplifier 2w booster with Phantom 2 Vision super plus Pilot

And the results were amazing
i got more than 2800m in distance on the front of the phantom and I got more than 3300m on it side

Also I have choise high quality
640✖️480 15fps

And I predict that I can get a biger distance with Phantom 2 Vision super plus Pilot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 532
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 536
Thank Geert for feedback
The external battery should have two ports
One for the range extender and other for amplifier 2W
For the extender use 5v 1A
For the 2w Amp use 6v or 5V 2A

Question probably directed to Will, is there such a connector or coupler ufl to ufl , ie the pigtail end, not the sma end.
I have searched on the net and have not found such a coupler that could join a pigtail to pigtail , It was something another user suggested may exist but I can't find one.
it would make the mod to the UAV camera wifi really very easy as you could just couple the existing pigtail to the extension pigtail to sma to your antenna without having to strip the camera down to access the transmitter board.

Or am I talking rubbish? :?:

FlyingFox said:
Question probably directed to Will, is there such a connector or coupler ufl to ufl , ie the pigtail end, not the sma end.
I have searched on the net and have not found such a coupler that could join a pigtail to pigtail , It was something another user suggested may exist but I can't find one.
it would make the mod to the UAV camera wifi really very easy as you could just couple the existing pigtail to the extension pigtail to sma to your antenna without having to strip the camera down to access the transmitter board.

Or am I talking rubbish? :?:

hi there , yes they are available, we have manufactured them special for the P2V , in the new kits ( Uav camera end ) they are included.
see this also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WesqXvEqj7Y

they have been released for sale now.

Cheers "pull-up " and will, I'll order two today :D

What's it called on the site, I can't find it on the connectors section ?

Scratch, that's the kit I ordered, should be here today or tomorrow, so I guess they will be included. :roll:

FPVLR said:
714Aberdeen said:

The expirment that I tried today I used Amplifier 2w booster with Phantom 2 Vision super plus Pilot

i got more than 2800m in distance on the front of the phantom and I got more than 3300m on it side

640✖️480 15fps

And I predict that I can get a biger distance with Phantom 2 Vision super plus Pilot

FPVLR antennas + 2w booster are at 6km....

quite a way to catch up!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9993&hilit=fpvlr&start=610

this is the first time I come to this thread because one of your guys keeps coming into mine to advertise Horizon's antennas.

I have no interest in this, keep your guy in this thread!

not really 65 milliwatts and 11 km, an antenna is an antenna if the are built correctly.

there are other factors involved as you should know.

Will

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
FPVLR said:
714Aberdeen said:

640✖️480 15fps

FPVLR antennas + 2w booster are at 6km....

quite a way to catch up!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9993&hilit=fpvlr&start=610

this is the first time I come to this thread because one of your guys keeps coming into mine to advertise Horizon's antennas.

I have no interest in this, keep your guy in this thread!

not really 65 milliwatts and 11 km, an antenna is an antenna if the are built correctly.

there are other factors involved as you should know. No one is knocking your antennas they are all the SAME.

Will

Hi Geert
Great !!!

To get better result please
Follow these steps

First its better that the external battery have two port
One feed the extender 5v and the other feeds the 2 W Amplifier 6V not more .

Second the higher altitude more distance you get,
Im sure you will get more than 2000m to 2400m when keep the phantom in front of you.
When the signal becomes weak turn the phanton on it side then you can continue your flight and Im sure that you will get more than 3000m without any modifacations in your P2V .

Theard what kind of kit that you are installed in your extender .
The stock RC FCC mode give you more than 3000m sure

The good result Depending on the enviroment and your higher .
However in my area there was many towers of communications companies and many effects but I got good result .

I advice you dont fly P2V if there is wind, because when fly it a gainest the wind the battery will finish fast then you dont have time to retun it back after 3000m.

Finally Sorry if my english bad

Hey guys, I post this here for lack of a better place.
My p2v out of the box could never do more than about 500' for the FPV. Avg distance was more like mid 300 feet. So, after reading up on the various threads..... I reduced the fpv quality to minimum. I flew in more rural areas. I ordered the Horizon antennas. I installed the 8 decibel LHCH to the range extender, keeping the other OEM antenna in situ and mounting the add on behind the range extender so the 1 remaining OEM antenna is unobstructed. ( Moving the horizon antenna to the back face resulted in much quicker "link" times as well as less of a need for pointing at the copter close in).
So, the range greatly improved, as seen here:
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter--william-reese-26639 At these limits in the flytrex file I lost FPV, vertically and horizontally. Yawing the copter did not improve the range that I could tell.
I was expecting much more, however. I had seen Will of Horizon mention 1 customer's FPV antennas on the P2V camera were not even connected. I opened up the camera, mine appear perfect, I really had hoped some poor QC on DJI's part was going to solve this one easily. I have seen the further mods available for the copter end, both ben7seven7's (aka Bendrone I believe) and Horizon's, but others are getting much further range with less.
Seems to me I have a more fundamental flaw. Anyone have any ideas?

[quote="FPV
Will, what bothers me is that the blond greek guy came to my thread bashing mine and advertising Horizon's.
NOw your thread is for you and your customers, and I respect that, and I respect you!

My thread is for me and my customers. I hope you understand!

of course we are professionals right and know our area of expertise.
Will

willriii said:
Hey guys, I post this here for lack of a better place.
My p2v out of the box could never do more than about 500' for the FPV. Avg distance was more like mid 300 feet. So, after reading up on the various threads..... I reduced the fpv quality to minimum. I flew in more rural areas. I ordered the Horizon antennas. I installed the 8 decibel LHCH to the range extender, keeping the other OEM antenna in situ and mounting the add on behind the range extender so the 1 remaining OEM antenna is unobstructed. ( Moving the horizon antenna to the back face resulted in much quicker "link" times as well as less of a need for pointing at the copter close in).
So, the range greatly improved, as seen here:
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter--william-reese-26639 At these limits in the flytrex file I lost FPV, vertically and horizontally. Yawing the copter did not improve the range that I could tell.
I was expecting much more, however. I had seen Will of Horizon mention 1 customer's FPV antennas on the P2V camera were not even connected. I opened up the camera, mine appear perfect, I really had hoped some poor QC on DJI's part was going to solve this one easily. I have seen the further mods available for the copter end, both ben7seven7's (aka Bendrone I believe) and Horizon's, but others are getting much further range with less.
Seems to me I have a more fundamental flaw. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi there ,

The normal config on the Extender with additional antennas is to mod both ports and put the 2.4 9 dB on the front face of the Extender , then another SP on the second port, so you have 360 close in. Doing these mods on the pilot end you then have a 2.4 GHz receive beam on the pilot end ( FCC mode 2 beeps) adding the second BH 5.8 to the RC controller will give better RC control range also. There are a few who have seen different ranges , this can be down to a few factors, 1 , using third party cheap U.fl connectors that are very lossy. 2. improper connection of the U.fl connector. 3 . the RF power on the UAV and RC control which we can not really control. As an RF engineer i would have measured the RF output on the RC control and the Camera to see what is actually coming off them and to at least see the the factory specs. 4 the sensitivity of the receiver again which we can not control directly but can add a LNA ( low noise RF pre-amp) .On the receive end will help lift the received signals.
the antennas themselves have a fixed gain and beam-width the so the only factors that can possibly be different is the ones mentioned above. 5. local RF noise will affect and de sensitize your ability to fly at distance , to check this is the case go to a RF quite area and test there . If the kit itself is down on spec you will find the range on the low side as standard without anything extra connected.
One final note if you do the Horizon mod to your extender and have opted to do just one port ( leaving the other antenna connected) then do not place the BH Micro in front of the Extender as this will screen off the internal antenna ( BH ground plane )
so if you do the extender mod , you may as well to the two at the same time .The U.fl in the kits are hi quality for minimum loss.
In most cased the camera antenna do a pretty good job and can be left as stock, if you replace then with a pair of SP antennas the gain will go down as the Patch antennas in the camera have about 8 dB forward gain ( not true LHCP ) as i have tested them.
the only replacement for them if you do a mod is to use the 8 dB LHCP P2V micros in the camera kit from horizon, these then maintain the gain and are true LHCP to match up with the Ground station pilot end. You could add one SP and 1 BH P2V Micro as a mix for example.Most guys will not have to touch the UAV at all with mode as the kit lifts the range to better levels on just the pilot end.
Hope this helps
Will

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119