Hoodivision with Nvidia Shield K1

Reaction score
Just a quick shout out for the above as a superb sunshade. I just got one as its one of the few that fit nicely on a Shield K1. The other day we had a bright sunny morning with very bright, very low winter sun which is the worst for glare etc. It is simply superb due to the angle and beats any other sunshade I've used hands down. The mini hybrid one fits on my shield like a glove, folds up, and takes 10 secs to put on. The only drawback if you're outside the States is that you order from California so took a while to arrive and I ended up paying a £12 custom charge. Worth every penny though.....Hoodivision.com.

Reactions: MichaelR
Just a quick shout out for the above as a superb sunshade. I just got one as its one of the few that fit nicely on a Shield K1. The other day we had a bright sunny morning with very bright, very low winter sun which is the worst for glare etc. It is simply superb due to the angle and beats any other sunshade I've used hands down. The mini hybrid one fits on my shield like a glove, folds up, and takes 10 secs to put on. The only drawback if you're outside the States is that you order from California so took a while to arrive and I ended up paying a £12 custom charge. Worth every penny though.....Hoodivision.com.

Yes, i'll second that. [emoji106]
I use an ipad Air 2 in a Otterbox defender case, and the PadHat from Hoodivision is great....

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452346265.965993.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452346287.542915.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452346318.228374.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452346345.361986.jpg

Reactions: Wacker2611
I have the IPAD air 2 and just ordered the Shield today, Question the fitment for the air in life proof, on their site they show adding the velcro to the back of the case, but did you have to add velcro to the front sides as well?

No, just a line of velcro on the back of the case, which is hardly noticeable. I'm still a big fan of this sunshade, after 6 months of use.

Thanks for the feedback, from the picture it looked like it needs something to hold the sides to the device. I love the design, just need to figure out which one to get, for the shield or the air.

For the IPAD it has the option I say to use the factor magnetic smart cover attachment for the hood, but most of us have protective cases, so they also make a velcro version.

I've just made my sun shield for my Nvidia shield K1, cost nill, piece of cardboard cut to shape, non reflective black cloth stuck on with double sided tape 4 small rectangular earth magnets I had around. the Nvidia has 4 magnets inside either side at the back, I fitted my magnets inline with them under the cloth, it folds up flat for storage, the sun shield takes about 10 seconds to fit the tablet, works absolutely perfect.
20160530_120501.jpg
20160531_190633.jpg
20160531_190532.jpg

Last edited:
Wait? You have to glue velcro directly to your tablet? Woof. Glad I didn't buy these, I would have been ticked off to stick something directly to the tablet.

that's why I used earth magnets to hold mine,when the sun shield is off the tablet looks as it should with nothing stuck to it

Would they not affect the compass in the tablet?

apparently not as many guys are using the Nvidia shield K1 and all these tablets have 6 earth magnets inside the back cover, I only need to use just 4 of them to hold my shade, (1cm x 3mm x 1mm) the gps and compass works ok.

just in case it might affect the compass on the A/C I don't pack the Nvidia shield away in my case with my p3p, I carry it in a separate holdall with my headplay goggles.

this from a review of the hoodie,
The Hoodi magnets were strong and it stayed in place despite a lot of ipad movement.

see previous post For the IPAD it has the option I say to use the factor magnetic smart cover attachment for the hood, but most of us have protective cases, so they also make a velcro version.

PS, you may notice that the top of my hood is sloping down
slightly, that way I don't get any reflection of my face or the sky, the screen is reflecting the top inside of the hood which has a black Matt finish

Last edited:
Reactions: Reed L
Slightly off topic but how do you get on with the shield k1? Just considering getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Slightly off topic but how do you get on with the shield k1? Just considering getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've only been using it for about 2 weeks now and have nothing to compare it with but from the little I've used it I recon it's a very good tablet, very bright and easy to use, and cheap !!!
, just make sure you turn off all unused apps to save battery life also download "360 security" that does most work for you for saving battery life, I've just gone through 3 lipos on my p3p and it's still at 75% full

a big plus.....it has an HDMI outlet on it as well, works great with my headplay goggles

Last edited:
Reactions: Reed L
Can you tell me which model you got for the Nvidia Shield K1? The Hoodivision website lists a shade for the Nvidia but the dimensions are weird:

for Nvidia Shield and tablets

6.5" (16.5 cm) - 8" (20.3 cm) L

4.25" (10.8 cm) - 5.3" (13.5 cm) W

My Nvidia Shield K1 is 22 by 12.5 cms so maybe this is for another model?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20