Home Position Help.

Reaction score
We have finally had some good weather coinciding with me having some free time and I had a good session with the Phantom.

I just couldn't resist trying the Failsafe. I had been flying from a large Deck on the back of my house and it was from the middle of that where the Home Position had been recorded.

I flew to the middle of the meadow behind us making sure there were no obstructions between the Phantom and Home and flipped the switch to Failsafe. I watched it ascend to the expected height, turn and fly towards me. As it got over me I realised it was flying Home to a point a couple of metres behind me and which was on the house roof.

I tried to regain control but it wasn't having any of it. Is this normal once you have activated Failsafe? I watched it slowly descend on to the house roof just beyond my reach. My heart was in my mouth but it did a perfect landing on the slope of the roof, even getting the front of both skids on to the snow bars so that it was level. Once it had landed I was able to take control and fly off of the roof.

I have read that when people have turned their transmitters off and the Phantom starts to return, they can turn on again and regain control. Is this not possible with failsafe?

I like to fly from the rear deck which is on the 3rd floor of our house. Is there a way to get the Phantom to re register the Home position after it has been powered up and without disconnecting the battery again. For example, I fly it from the terrace in to the meadow, land and then without going to it, record its new position as home?

If you were in GPS mode then you can't recover from failsafe. You have to switch to Attitude.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj