Home point question

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been asked to go out and film from a back of a moving boat and just wondering if I get too far from the home point and when I do my calibration will it automatically go back when I get too far away?. It's a large boat only going one way but not going fast. I can't help but think I will have to keep updating the new home point. Sorry for silly question but can't get my head around it.Bit risky I know but need the shots for a short film, or is it too risky?? Your thoughts please. Ian

It would be better to use a tablet or phone that had GPS built in and in the DJI app in settings turn on the "Dynamic Home Point" with that enabled every few seconds it updates to keep locked in on your phone or table for home point.

Reactions: stinkbomb
If yu use an Android device you are on your own and just have to keep the Phantom in sight but if the boat isn't fast that won't necessarily be much of a problem. Just make sure you don't go too low on your battery and make sure you know how to resume control in an RTH situation.

If you have an Apple device you can reset the home point from time to time or if the device also has GPS you are able to use dynamic home point.
Whatever you end up doing, you need to practise hand catching rather than landing on the boat.

Reactions: stinkbomb
It would be better to use a tablet or phone that had GPS built in and in the DJI app in settings turn on the "Dynamic Home Point" with that enabled every few seconds it updates to keep locked in on your phone or table for home point.
Does the "Dynamic Home Point" it update automatically or you have to do it manually?

If you activate dynamic home point, your Phantom automatically updates its home point every few seconds to the current location of the controller. If RTH is activated, your Phantom will return to the controller's location at the time RTH was initiated. It does not continue to update during RTH.

As well as dynamic HP, the Apple app also has the ability to manually reset the home point to wherever the Phantom is.
Some day DJI will get around to giving Android users he same features.

How do you turn on dynamic home point in the app? I haven't seen that setting. I see you can reset it manually - but not dynamically?

I'm guessing it's probably the same as the Inspire version:
i-bFCcbCk-L.jpg

Great stuff thanks guys. I know the other night I had to bring my P3 down as people were approaching for safety, cut the motors and so I then walked about 200 meters away with everything still on and then went to start it again to have another fly and it said Distance was 200 meters away, this is what made me think about the consequences of the boat scenario .Thanks for the replays. Oh and I am using an iPad Air 2. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31