Holy cow, what a night. Phantom 4 beware

If you don't have guns in the first place, you don't get the trouble. Here in the UK it is a very rare situation where guns are involved. It's a great shame that every few months in the USA there is another mass shooting at a school. So utterly pointless and avoidable. This first amendment thing needs to be modernised and the need to have a gun dependent on a little more than 'the right to bear arms!' You wouldn't need one out there in the countryside if the bad guys didn't have them themselves. You make your own problems with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
You live in the uk and have no business meddling and preaching policy to us citizens. Having the audacity to say people don't need guns in the country if the bad guys didn't have them is mind boggling and ignorant to say the least. We still have a god given right to protect ourselves, property, family and keep the government in check but he have failed there.

It's not ignorant at all. Can you truly say your country is safer because you have guns? Take the guns away and you'll have less dead people. Seems simple to me. I'm not preaching policy my friend. Just having an opinion. But I'll stop now in case you shoot me. Lol. I genuinely don't mean to offend you. Just anti guns and the need to carry them.

This is my 3rd drone and am a skilled flyer. I underestimated the new sport feature and the drones ability to come back. After watching flight map, when I made the turn to come home I had 77% battery. Felt that was plenty to get home. It wasn't. I screwed up.

Next time just hold forward on the right stick to give it more speed. You do this while its in RTH mode and it will gain speed. Try it next time to test. It also sounds like you went out with a tail wind and came back in the wind. I would check the wind in the UAV Forecast application before you fly every time. Make sure to set the height at 400 so you get wind speeds at that height and not ground level.

It's not ignorant at all. Can you truly say your country is safer because you have guns? Take the guns away and you'll have less dead people. Seems simple to me. I'm not preaching policy my friend. Just having an opinion. But I'll stop now in case you shoot me. Lol. I genuinely don't mean to offend you. Just anti guns and the need to carry them.

I take personal responsibility for my families safety and its my right to do so. So, yes I do feel safer. Its no secret that the government works closely with Hollywood to use scientific means of mind control with behavior placement in movies commercials and tv shows. Just like product placement but only now ones behavior is being manipulated. Point is your vulnerable. We are here to talk about this p4 so move on/

Sorry for delay in responding. I'm not a regular visitor on this site yet. I know I screwed up and after getting trashed on in first days of posts, I left it alone.

Thanks for the constructive criticism from those who offered it. I never expected an issue and ensured I came back at 80% battery. It was a learning experience and moving on

If you don't have guns in the first place, you don't get the trouble. Here in the UK it is a very rare situation where guns are involved. It's a great shame that every few months in the USA there is another mass shooting at a school. So utterly pointless and avoidable. This first amendment thing needs to be modernised and the need to have a gun dependent on a little more than 'the right to bear arms!' You wouldn't need one out there in the countryside if the bad guys didn't have them themselves. You make your own problems with that one.

Well hell, while we're at it why don't we make being a criminal illegal too. That should solve everything!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phantomfreak
Like I said, I called the cops so I didnt get shot. I disagree that my decisions were counter productive. It was a bad situation I didnt want to be in and take responsibility for but its over. **** happens.
Well we will have to agree to disagree. Flying without taking into account wind direction and wind speed is counter productive. Flying at night on a waypoint mission also not a great idea. Letting the bird fly back on its own also not productive especially when you factor in wind speed and direction. Calling 911... are you kidding. Then you arrive before the police. Why would you do that? If you made up your mind to go search for your "toy" after dark with the assistance of the police why would you go ahead of them. Then when you see the guy with the very real firearm you keep looking.. Sounds counter productive to me. Counter productive to getting your bird back. Counter productive to you remaining alive.. Just sayin. I'm not passing judgment. I'm just simply saying there are number of junctures where you could have made better decisions that would have first allowed you to get your bird back without the need to auto land. Choices that would not have resulted in the local gendarmes expending resources allocated for actual emergencies to the search and recovery of your "toy." That is all.. Funny story though.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Now that you are back how about posting up a screenshot or flight log... Would be interesting to review

Really, Fitcherama, your comments are out of line. If an American here told you your country was ignorant for suppressing gun ownership, you'd probably feel a bit put upon, old chap. You might be interested in reading the history behind why our Second Amendment was passed. You can thank your forebears for that one. And, yes, it is still valid today, for a variety of reasons.

If you don't have guns in the first place, you don't get the trouble. Here in the UK it is a very rare situation where guns are involved. It's a great shame that every few months in the USA there is another mass shooting at a school. So utterly pointless and avoidable. This first amendment thing needs to be modernised and the need to have a gun dependent on a little more than 'the right to bear arms!' You wouldn't need one out there in the countryside if the bad guys didn't have them themselves. You make your own problems with
I'll be nice...
This is not a 2nd amendment forum.. And generally I don't like to get into ethnocentric arguments. The mods should have deleted your comments. Since the moderators haven't done anything to stop you from making a point I will make one of my own. Recall there is something called the United States Constitution. You don't have to respect it because... You aren't a citizen of the United States. We are! We have a right to bear arms.. If you don't like it.. Don't come here!! Don't forget for a second that our right to bear arms is the primary reason we aren't Brit's today.

Reactions: Richard in ky
Something like that needs to happen to everyone at least once to get that long distance crap out of their heads about flying it so far out that you hope you got enough battery left to make it home. I am not saying I didn't have to see how far I could get mine to go also but things happen and it can make for some scary times.

You neglected to mention in the UK there ARE plenty of guns...only it's the BAD GUYS who have them while the sheep have allowed themselves to be disarmed. So in the UK they break in your house WHILE YOU ARE HOME since they know folks have no means to defend themselves and might actually be CHARGED WITH A CRIME if they harm the poor baddie. Here in the USA they tend to avoid breaking in when you are home since there it a good chance of an unpleasant welcome. Now the UK is busy destroying itself by inviting in millions of Muslim immigrants intent on the destruction of Western civilization. How many no-go zones & Sharia courts in the UK now? Had a walk about various neighborhoods in London lately?

I apologise unreservedly for ruffling feathers - my comment was ill put and brusque. And your comments about the immigration problem is absolutely true. Anyway, this should be about flying out P4's and I stepped out of line. I'm sorry for that.

I apologise unreservedly for ruffling feathers - my comment was ill put and brusque. And your comments about the immigration problem is absolutely true. Anyway, this should be about flying out P4's and I stepped out of line. I'm sorry for that.

Thanks for the apology Fitcherama, it was a classy move on your part to apologize.. Many on here say things that offend people and never bother to apologize. Good show old chap..

Thanks for the apology Fitcherama, it was a classy move on your part to apologize.. Many on here say things that offend people and never bother to apologize. Good show old chap..
Getting off the subject of 2nd Amendment rights which have been affirmed in recent Supreme Court Cases, does anyone know how I can attach and make functional a mini rocket launcher to the P4. Don't want to hurt anyone but would be nice to know one could send a message across some anti-drone hater's bow.
Sincerely,
Tongue in Cheek Marty

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl