HOLLYWOOD SIGN ⭐️ | PHANTOM 4 4K Video

That is awesome. I was there a few months ago, but didn't have the balls to get that close to the sign, because another phantom flyer told that there is electromagnetic interference there.
What other places did you film? I went to Hermosa beach and the Pasadena Rose bowl as well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is awesome. I was there a few months ago, but didn't have the balls to get that close to the sign, because another phantom flyer told that there is electromagnetic interference there.
What other places did you film? I went to Hermosa beach and the Pasadena Rose bowl as well.

I guess I was very lucky then, my signal was rock solid. That would be a tough loss for sure.

I've flown in a few different places, here is my latest video:

My other videos can be found here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[emoji106][emoji106]

Btw where were you controlling the drone from? Where you up at the top? Didn't look like it was tough to get up there since I saw people in your vid. I take it you didn't have any problem with interference from that tower. Did anyone give you a hard time for flying up there? I'll be in SoCal this weekend and wanted to shoot up there also. Awesome vid!

That's some nice shooting of the Hollywood sign!

Curious, did you shoot with a ND filter on your camera while doing it? If so, which strength?

I also watched you Pismo Beach Dunes one too. Pretty cool!

Mack

[emoji106][emoji106]

Btw where were you controlling the drone from? Where you up at the top? Didn't look like it was tough to get up there since I saw people in your vid. I take it you didn't have any problem with interference from that tower. Did anyone give you a hard time for flying up there? I'll be in SoCal this weekend and wanted to shoot up there also. Awesome vid!

The approximate address was 6300 Innsdale Drive, Los Angeles. It is near the base of a hiking trail that leads up to the sign.

My signal was rock solid on the Phantom 4. Nobody gave me a hard time (other than a few hikers that thought a group of bees were following them (until they realized it was a drone).

Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing your video once you've cut it together! :)

That's some nice shooting of the Hollywood sign!

Curious, did you shoot with a ND filter on your camera while doing it? If so, which strength?

I also watched you Pismo Beach Dunes one too. Pretty cool!

Mack

I used an ND16 filter on this flight as it was bright and sunny out. This allowed me to keep the ISO100 and shutter speed of 60 (since I was shooting at 4K/30fps).

The approximate address was 6300 Innsdale Drive, Los Angeles. It is near the base of a hiking trail that leads up to the sign.

My signal was rock solid on the Phantom 4. Nobody gave me a hard time (other than a few hikers that thought a group of bees were following them (until they realized it was a drone).

Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing your video once you've cut it together! :)

I mapped it and it looks that the address is centered on a house by the trail. But I think you mean you were by the trail near that house. Wow, did you have LOS to your P4 at all times? Or were you just looking at FPV?The sign is high up from where you were. Anyway thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
I mapped it and it looks that the address is centered on a house by the trail. But I think you mean you were by the trail near that house. Wow, did you have LOS to your P4 at all times? Or were you just looking at FPV?The sign is high up from where you were. Anyway thanks for the tip.

Just FPV, it was roughly 2,000 feet away.

Wonder if I can do a Litchi mission for this. Just scared due to the different terrain levels. Have to put a lot of buffer to make sure I don't crash in to the mountain. Also, I would have to disable max height of 400'.

How 'bout the settings when you upload. I have trouble uploading to YouTube without getting some Pixelization. See :

Then again, I'm using iMovie from my iPad, but still can't get that razor sharp image that you have. Do you like Final Cut/ was it worth the investment? Looks like it.

Sorry to be a pest picking your brain. Again, great job!

I use Final Cut pro and love it. I have a couple of issues with quality but generally happy with what I upload. Im only using the P3 Standard. I film in 2.5k then downscale and the picture is great. I have a good few videos on my channel now. This is the latest

Last edited:
I really love this video. Some amazing shots of the Hollywood sign.

Thanks so much!

Here's my latest video of the California Coast, I hope you like this too!

From where did you launch?

6300 Innsdale Drive, Los Angeles

Thanks. That worked for me! ;) ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.